Author Topic: be an idiot  (Read 188095 times)

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
Re: be an idiot
« Reply #180 on: September 11, 2007, 01:12:06 AM »
I AM HUEG LIEK XBOX

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #181 on: September 11, 2007, 01:44:17 AM »
 :o

i see wut u did thar
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 11, 2007, 03:04:41 AM »
My life needs more xbox comparisons. but that PS triple is bigger then an xbox.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #183 on: September 11, 2007, 09:19:55 PM »
I was really amused when I realized that the original Xbox and the Xbox 360 are the same size -- the 360 is just curvier and stuff.

I do love how the power supply for the 360 is bigger than life itself, though. :P
"This is a machine for making cows."

Kuroneko

« Reply #184 on: September 11, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »
U NO WHUT I GOT DAT'S AS BIG AS XBOX?

8=====3

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 11, 2007, 09:46:50 PM »
damn thats small

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 11, 2007, 10:20:47 PM »
I was really amused when I realized that the original Xbox and the Xbox 360 are the same size -- the 360 is just curvier and stuff.

I do love how the power supply for the 360 is bigger than life itself, though. :P

It's a tiny bit smaller, that power thing is retardedly huge tho. PS triples are like RAAAAAAAAH

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 11, 2007, 10:41:56 PM »
My PS3 Grill cooks mean grilled cheese son.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 11, 2007, 11:16:32 PM »
My PS3 Grill cooks mean grilled cheese son.

hachhchch, My friend wanted a PS3 and me and this other guy were like "the fuck why? theirs like no games on it" and he said "I don't care about games". At least halo 3 convinced him to get a 360, that poor retarded child on the topic of gamez.

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 11, 2007, 11:49:43 PM »
I bet he wont even use the grill function. Tuna meltz

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #190 on: September 12, 2007, 12:13:57 AM »
It's a tiny bit smaller, that power thing is retardedly huge tho.

Yeah, tiny bit smaller but a hell of a lot heavier.  Yay for heatsinks!

The power brick can quite literally be called a BRICK.  I can understand why it's so huge (it puts out 235W) but...damn.  It's also about as heavy, if not heavier, than the Wii, which is kind of funny.

hachhchch, My friend wanted a PS3 and me and this other guy were like "the fuck why? theirs like no games on it" and he said "I don't care about games".

What.

Wait.

What.

Fuck.

Please tell me you're joking.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 12, 2007, 02:37:58 AM »
What.

Wait.

What.

Fuck.

Please tell me you're joking.

Sadly no, he said something about being able to use it like a computer (I would rather have a computer, but whatever) and that it's really powerful. I've never used a PS tripple so I really have no clue what it's capable of. This same friend thought that being able to buy games/movies/t.v. shows threw the his 360 was nuts. I really don't know how people can know so little about a system before they buy one.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #192 on: September 12, 2007, 03:14:20 AM »
Well, all things considered both the PS2 and the PS3 have some monster processors in it. The PS2 has the first commercial 128 bit (yes, 128 bit) processor in it. And the PS3 has some monster power to it.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #193 on: September 12, 2007, 10:10:00 AM »
Sadly no, he said something about being able to use it like a computer (I would rather have a computer, but whatever) and that it's really powerful.

You can do that with a 360 as well.  I don't have any music on my 360 -- I just stream everything from my compy (or use a memory stick when I'm not at home, like now).

Well, all things considered both the PS2 and the PS3 have some monster processors in it. The PS2 has the first commercial 128 bit (yes, 128 bit) processor in it. And the PS3 has some monster power to it.

Sure, they have monster power, but it's going to take years for developers to be able to actually be able to harness all of its power, just like with the PS2.  Both systems use totally different design methodologies than traditional game consoles and computers, making porting difficult (which is why Xbox 360 ports tend to be choppy on the PS3).  And really, the only reason that the PS2 has (no, needs) a 128-bit processor is because the entire system is based on the concept of streaming very small amounts of data around quickly rather than caching data to a larger chunk of memory and having a monster bus to back it up.  A decent design for a game system but it's so radically different that doing multisystem development or porting anything to and from the PS2 wound up being an absolute nightmare.

Fortunately, at least the Cell is a standard processor and IBM is the one writing the documentation for it.  I heard that Sony's developer documentation for the PS2 sucked ass and as far as I can gather, developers had to work out for themselves how to really get anything out of the console.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #194 on: September 12, 2007, 01:22:31 PM »
True, the PS2 was a really hard console to learn, and they showed it by the quality of games. I mean, compare FFX to FFVII graphically, back then nobody would have dreamed you could get that sort of graphics out of the PS2. Yes, it was a hard system to develop for, but it had so much headroom in the power department that if they wanted to do something, they probably could.

I laugh at how microsoft emulates the Xbox on the 360. That's one place sony has completely outsmarted it's competition. They just embed all the necessary parts in the PS2/PS3 processor and there you go. No need to write software to emulate the game, it runs it natively, and much quicker than it would emulating.

Take that Xbox 360 :P

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x