Author Topic: Weeaboo, the thread.  (Read 131564 times)

Kulli

Re: Weeaboo, the thread.
« Reply #150 on: November 22, 2008, 02:54:27 AM »
My first and last post in this thread:

Back to talking about shitty jap stuff

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #151 on: November 22, 2008, 10:28:03 AM »
gtfo narutofag

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #152 on: November 22, 2008, 05:17:52 PM »
gtfo narutofag

they call themselves narutards...
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 08, 2008, 03:29:27 AM »
No, they call themselves Asian. Also I was wondering how Planetes, Tekkaman Blade, and Sky girls are. 

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 08, 2008, 04:53:46 AM »
I started watching Code Geass. It's really good.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #155 on: December 08, 2008, 12:28:06 PM »
No, they call themselves Asian. Also I was wondering how Planetes, Tekkaman Blade, and Sky girls are. 

I can't say anything for the other two, but I did see the first 2 or 3 episodes of Planetes on some winamp video stream a while back and I've been meaning on watching it. It seemed pretty interesting.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 08, 2008, 10:05:46 PM »

Sky Girls is an abomination. Don't touch it.

Planetes is one of the most earnest and beautiful series that has ever been released. The ending is unbelievably heart-warming and the rest of it is a mix of comedy and drama that's pretty much all realistic. Wonderful show.

Tekkaman Blade rocks and, despite being older, was actually way ahead of its time and is pretty good. Much burning machismo, old-school man-screaming and surprisingly high quality animation for a show that old. Highly recommended.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #157 on: December 08, 2008, 10:08:38 PM »
Lol, yeah, from what I saw about Sky Girls, I was gonna stay away from it. Far away.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 08, 2008, 11:39:15 PM »
Machismo you say? Well I'll probably check out Planetes first, thanks for the info.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 10, 2008, 03:12:42 PM »
So I only have the first season of Code Geass, which gets increasingly fucked up towards the end and then the last episode ends with the definition of a cliffhanger: Two guys are aiming guns at each other, ready to fire. The screen goes black. A shot is heard. The credits roll. Now I have to get that second season because this series is so good.

EDIT: I'm almost finished with Fate Stay Night, but I really had to try and make it through. The animation is good and the fight scenes are well-choreographed, but the characterization is so weak I could barely get into it. It also doesn't make sense that there aren't more reports of destruction or weird noises coupled with huge beams or any of the other stuff that comes from them fighting (Compared to Shakugan no Shana, where they set up a Fuzetsu to fight where everything freezes and they can easily repair the inevitable damage afterward).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 09:08:17 PM by annon »

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #160 on: December 16, 2008, 01:00:33 AM »
EDIT: I'm almost finished with Fate Stay Night, but I really had to try and make it through. The animation is good and the fight scenes are well-choreographed, but the characterization is so weak I could barely get into it. It also doesn't make sense that there aren't more reports of destruction or weird noises coupled with huge beams or any of the other stuff that comes from them fighting (Compared to Shakugan no Shana, where they set up a Fuzetsu to fight where everything freezes and they can easily repair the inevitable damage afterward).

I always thought that was an awesome idea.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #161 on: January 08, 2009, 01:39:28 PM »
So, I just finished Fate/Stay Night myself, and have to say I absolutely loved it. Compared to nearly all the anime I watch, it was refreshing to see a more adult anime. Sure, some of the characterization is a little weak, but I found that the rest of the show more than made up for that.

Too few anime show blood and injuries like Fate/Stay Night does, well, few of the ones I watch anyway. I guess I'm partly to blame for choosing shows geared towards a younger audience, but I usually choose my anime based on the story synopsis. I find that the anime geared towards adults tends to go out of it's way to be really adult, and the anime geared to younger generations tries to keep it to that age group, so you see very few shows that combine aspects of both.

As for the lack of reports of destruction and such, I think that since the government was covering up most of the other effects, it would be safe to assume that they were also covering up the rest of it. Mind you, gigantic energy beams and explosions are a bit difficult to cover up, but given the way that the rest of it is dealt with, I'm pretty sure that the government would come up with something, however weak their explanation might have been.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 08, 2009, 02:20:38 PM »
I'd like to watch a series with plenty of violence, maybe a little bit of creepyness thrown in, along with a great storyline.  ADVISE PLZ KTHX
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 09, 2009, 04:52:44 AM »
Elfen Lied pretty much covers all of that (I liked the story at least). Outside of that, I guess the second ghost in a shell season, but it isn't that bloody violent.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2009, 09:46:09 AM »
I started watching Black Lagoon. It's pretty good.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)