Author Topic: Weeaboo, the thread.  (Read 131572 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: Weeaboo, the thread.
« Reply #195 on: July 25, 2009, 03:38:12 AM »
"it can't be any worse than the upcoming World of Warcraft movie."

WHAT. Are you srs? Also I'm not really a fan of Halo, but this is just going to rape the lore to death.

Nekros

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 25, 2009, 10:16:51 AM »
WHAT. Are you srs? Also I'm not really a fan of Halo, but this is just going to rape the lore to death.

My opinion is that it could be good (good story stay close to halo lore), good if you don't know anything about halo (good story, but complete off of lore) or it could be absolutely horrible. I have a feeling the it is going to be one of the last 2.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 25, 2009, 04:39:14 PM »
The "lore" for Halo is on the level with high school sci-fi writing comp stuff so I don't think anyone has to worry about anything.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 25, 2009, 05:04:03 PM »
I started watching Eden of the East after I read that the guys who made TM8.0 made it. I've only seen 2 episodes, but I think it's pretty good. I like how they actually got American actors for the parts that take place in America.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 27, 2009, 02:36:50 AM »
The "lore" for Halo is on the level with high school sci-fi writing comp stuff so I don't think anyone has to worry about anything.

heh, from what I've heard the novels are well done but the in game stuff is just "I'M A HERO IMMA SAVIN' HUMANITY I'M SUCH A BADASS".

Also I've been looking for a good show to watch, and now I'm kind of overwhelmed with options. I suppose I'll finish GTO and then go back to Golden Boy then I'll try to check out Eden of the East.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 29, 2009, 05:18:07 AM »
Okay, every episode of GTO seems to be a a bit meh. I'm hoping it picks up again.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #202 on: July 29, 2009, 10:42:03 AM »
WOLVERINE AND IRON MAN ANIMES

just in case anybody missed it.  Surely this warrants some sort of discussion =U

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #203 on: July 29, 2009, 12:05:33 PM »
Well, from the previews, and just from the fact of who those 2 guys are, I'm betting that news of that is going to unleash a gigantic shitstorm.

I'm rather interested in seeing where those will go though.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #204 on: July 29, 2009, 04:11:34 PM »
apparently, people were pretty mixed about the Wolverine one, but it seemed like a lot of people liked the Iron Man one.  I felt they were both pretty cool looking.  And yeah, I hope this goes somewhere good.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 29, 2009, 06:18:42 PM »
apparently, people were pretty mixed about the Wolverine one, but it seemed like a lot of people liked the Iron Man one.  I felt they were both pretty cool looking.  And yeah, I hope this goes somewhere good.

Iron Man should translate well, hell he is basically Astro Boy if you think about it. As for Wolverine, yeah that's a different story.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #206 on: July 29, 2009, 07:20:25 PM »

Oddly, I think wolverine looks pretty awesome. Though I didn't watch the trailer or anything, I just mean character design wise.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 30, 2009, 02:07:39 AM »
See, Wolverine does actually make sense for a Japanese-styled type of thing because a great part of his past takes place in Japan. Problem is, most action anime these days don't actually animate action scenes and instead do the ol' single swing of blades, show light trail/flashy effect, guy falls apart so it'll likely feel too tame for what Wolverine does.

Iron Man will probably be just fine though. Robot man with lots of missiles/lasers is right up Japan's alley.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #208 on: July 30, 2009, 04:47:58 PM »
Well, they made wolverine very samurai like (probably playing on the japanese affinity for blades). But it does look a bit tame. Less action than I'd expect, considering that wolverine is well known making his own solutions to problem, which usually include breaking something.

But yeah, Iron Man looks awesome. I just hope they don't exclusively focus on him in his suit. There's a lot of room for bringing the human element into it, instead of just being all action.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Nekros

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 30, 2009, 05:56:23 PM »
Iron man looks cool and will probably do well.

However, the wolverine one has me a little on edge. The long hair and lack of facial hair are what really get me.