Author Topic: games you look forward to in 2008 and beyond  (Read 112998 times)

vladgd

Re: games you look forward to in 2008 and beyond
« Reply #255 on: February 17, 2010, 03:18:44 AM »
that's been all over the interwebs, nothing exciting.  announce hakan already, you know, a NEW character.  though i guess if i were to have an sf3 character, Q goddamnit, who cares about anybody else (save for maby oro...or twelve...)

also, mount and blade warband in march, HOT.

i bought mount and blade a little while ago waiting for this sonbitch, multiplayer medieval fightan!  fuckin' castle seige gametype sounds like it's going to be the shit.  

heres some gameplay

*edit*

played some warband beta, pretty fun.  archers are a pain in the ass, but like, hitting somebody with a bow isn't exactly easy, plus blocking arrows with a shield is easy.  i think the easiest thing to get kills is, well, get a lance, get a horse...run into people with said lance...

though on tighter maps, like the village map, that might just be retarded.  

« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 03:03:21 AM by vladgd »

vladgd

« Reply #256 on: February 25, 2010, 03:05:06 AM »
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/nintendo-media-nintendo-dsi/62312

i would rather nintendo pool money into making a new handheld over remaking the same thing over and over again, at least it's something different, unlike what sony has been doing with the psp for the most part. 

i don't want it, but...fuck, dat screen...

i would probably blow my money on it too to play pokemon, but pokemon comes out like 14 days earlier....until i read about the clicky buttons that apparently the normal dsi has.  can anybody who has used a dsi explain?  the ds lite buttons frankly suck total ass, while say the gba sp have excellent buttons, how do the dsi buttons compare? 

i may...actually...sell off my ds lite and get a dsi xl, play some pokeyman, maby catch up on older games like mario and luigi, ff4, maby even zelda. 

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 25, 2010, 03:30:31 AM »
The DSi's buttons are more like the SP's. They're very nice.

I don't know that I'd bother with the XL though. Even on the DSi I can notice the odd bit of pixel stretching here and there. It'd be more pronounced on the XL due to the bigger screen size while keeping the same game resolution. But hey, if you usually use the thing at home anyway and that doesn't bother you, it'd probably be worth it.

Also, holy hell summer is owned by Nintendo. Monster Hunter Tri with free online in April, Mario Galaxy 2 in May, Sin & Punishment 2 June 7th, Metroid: Other M on June 27th, Picross 3D in there somewhere and Dragon Quest 9 at some point in the summer. So much for the usual summer gaming drought haha.

vladgd

« Reply #258 on: February 25, 2010, 03:39:49 AM »
i may pick up a DSi XL then.  probably sell off my ds lite to a bro who could use one.  people are talking bad about the physical size of the unit, but that's a good thing in my opinion, doesn't bother me that i may have a hard time putting the thing in my pocket when i can just put it in my old gameboy "purse" thing.  i just want better buttons, maby i can start playing contra 4 again. 

plus like, ff13 should keep me busy till later in the month, ill pick up a burgundy dsi xl and some pokeymans, should be ballin'.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 04, 2010, 04:50:08 AM »
http://www.xfire.com/video/2393cf/

Goddamn, Portal 2 better not be made before episode 3.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 04, 2010, 07:56:38 AM »
http://www.xfire.com/video/2393cf/

Goddamn, Portal 2 better not be made before episode 3.
Yes it should!!!!!!!!! This has got me a little excited now...I've been waiting for a sequel to portal for quite some time now.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 05, 2010, 07:35:18 PM »
http://store.steampowered.com/news/3559/

Well NewF, today is your lucky day.

Also I kind of want to check this game out, despite the semi Kingdom Hearts art style.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 02:18:57 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #262 on: March 06, 2010, 05:27:39 AM »
i want to see a new proper donkey kong game

the last one was what, dk64?  i wish nintendo still owned rare. 

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #264 on: March 10, 2010, 05:31:25 AM »

hakan has potential to be one of the best characters in street fighter, fuck this guy is awesome. 

TIME TO OIL UP!

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 10, 2010, 11:52:46 AM »
Wow....Capcom is running out of ideas for characters....Even though its a unique concept for a character....Its absolutely retarded....I personally think hes going to suck. Hes basically like zangief, slow, close quarters, just with more retarded moves. Hakan is to Zangief, as Dan is to Ryu.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 10, 2010, 04:08:01 PM »
From all reports, Hakan's actually pretty good. Easy to land Ultra, good damage, his slide goes under fireballs, you can play a fair guessing game with blockstrings and his dive throw and you can create good mixups using the various strengths of his normal command throw since placement is determined by button strength.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 10, 2010, 06:20:55 PM »
From all reports, Hakan's actually pretty good.

That's what you said about Tager, but really he looks like he's supposed to be the middle ground between Zangief and Abel as far as grapplers go. When I think about it most fighting games don't even have 3 grappling characters.

vladgd

« Reply #268 on: March 10, 2010, 06:54:30 PM »
Wow....Capcom is running out of ideas for characters....

you just figure that out now...with a unique grappling character?  wut?

ryu
ken
akuma
dan
sagat
sakura

essentially the same fucking character.  also surprised you don't complain about bring back old characters, like you know, the entire cast of super street fighter II turbo being in the game. 

but i digress, he's a love it or hate it character, and i dig the personality they gave him.  as for playing as him, well, we don't have access to playing the game right now, so who knows save for the videos out right now.  even with that, it doesn't blatantly let you know if you are going to enjoy said character or not, i was hype for sf4 gief because of maining sf2 gief, and i fucking hate using him.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 11, 2010, 12:37:10 PM »
I like the fact that they're bringing back characters from the older games. And you and I know, and also everyone else, knows that Dan was intended to be a joke character with the whole thing that was going on between SF and KoF.