Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 591543 times)

vladgd

Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1200 on: April 05, 2010, 08:27:24 PM »
basically i am saying it feels quicker.  when i hit a button, the move comes out with not too much of that "animation" crap. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: April 06, 2010, 04:48:45 AM »
Alright then, starting DMC4. Was a bit bored until I hit the castle and bought a few new moves, now I'm having a decent amount of fun with it and feeling a bit nostalgic for the first DMC game.

Also still semi stuck in Metroid and lost in Earth Bound...

Whoa, just ran around randomly in Metroid and got into two different crazy boss fights. Thought I was fucked when that one guy grabbed me randomly twice and I panicked and thought that grabbing that electric thing might make him drop me, just to have it shock him to death right before killing me. Goddamn that was nuts.

Oh yeah, and DMC4 sure is THE TIME HAS COME AND SO HAVE I. 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 06:55:38 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #1202 on: April 07, 2010, 05:55:38 AM »
fang/millie/sazh

adamantoise

syn/med/syn- fully buff
sab/whatever/whatever- summon/fully debuff
com/com/syn- attack until summon goes away, wait until syn refreshes haste
com/com/com- finish off his health, win, get disappointed as he yet again drops nothing even though you have the connoisseurs catalog

i was using death on him just to get platinum ingots, getting pretty lucky with deaths, then he drops a trap.  because of that, i make an ultimate weapon.  

using a level 40 kain's lance (ultimate weapon) for fang, it's pretty damn retarded.  i need to get the genji glove because of all the 99,999 damage i do against the staggered adamantoise.  though i want more platinum ingots, those things are the single most important item i need right now.  i need money, i need it to upgrade...everything.   i mean, i had to use death because i didn't have the overall party strength to down the fucker in time, but that weapon single handedly gave me the power to rape him.  

it's just funny in this game how the crystarium works.  level 1-7 is like nothing, level 7-8, 8-9, and 9-10, huge improvements in stat gain.  i mean, there's a large difference in power between a maxed out level 9 crystarium guy in a maxed out level 10 crystarium guy.  (though im not maxed out yet, the difference in almost 15,000 hp is worth noting)

*edit*

playing vampior savior, think i found a go to character for the time being, fish man rikuo.  wanted to be one of the "cough" popular ladies, i mean the fanart is goddamn everywhere.  but i guess sexy fish man is ok, pretty fun to play anyway.  like i can classify morrigan/lillith as "shotos" but even they are sort of different.  rikuo is..uhh..

well, he can do normals as he dashes, he can dash under fireballs, he has dhalsims air drill attack, he has charge ranged stun moves...the man he's like rikuo from vampior savior obviously.  i can't really think of anybody like him.  i don't really know what i am doing so i just flail myself at the ai going at em with a little 3 hit combo then SONIC LASER BEAM STUN, then do it again...and again...and again.  so if i play any of y'all, for now anyway, ill use da fish man.  

http://saiyagina.deviantart.com/art/Darkstalkers-Tribute-127352352

DEM WEBBED HANDS FAP FAP FAP (totally worksafe, but felicia is also in it...so, you know)

but i was trying to use lei lei/hsen whatever, not jiving for me.  then i attempted bishaman for like 20 seconds, while the ai kicks my ass with him, he...no, don't like it sir.  lillith/morrigan, "i have a fireball with the range shorter than a normal poke" "i have a dragon punch", nah.  q-bee, might go back to her, pretty fun.  didn't really try anybody else, there was a robot but i couldn't find him on the roster...because he's on the console port of the first vs game, and i remember him from playing vs2.  and anakaris was a character i enjoyed the look of...but his game is keep the fuck away, and i play that role rather poorly, not a character for me.  so yeah, i can see this being fun in a multiplayer setting with people that aren't random joes.  

« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 09:19:12 AM by vladgd »

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #1203 on: April 07, 2010, 03:59:32 PM »
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 04:05:39 PM by Sqthreer! »
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: April 07, 2010, 04:22:28 PM »
I need a new controller bad, next time I get any cash I'm buying one.

Leaning towards a PS3 one, but I'm not sure if I have the right USB (I heard it has a mini USB?) input for it.

Also I'm working on getting GGPO working, so hopefully we can get sum s.net fights in.

vladgd

« Reply #1205 on: April 07, 2010, 08:50:24 PM »
if by controller you mean stick...

both my hori and madcatz sticks have a normal usb to plug into stuff. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: April 09, 2010, 01:54:00 AM »
No sticks, I ain't no homo.

Also super metroid is DONE. Damn good game, found about 77% of the items and got the ending with Samus giving me a thumbs up and then shooting me. Also the Metroid hatchling died for out sins.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1207 on: April 09, 2010, 01:01:37 PM »
Lol, yeah, that game is absolutely fantastic. I've never enjoyed another Metroid the way I have enjoyed Super Metroid. The amount of hidden secrets, backtracking, and confusing sections really make you think. Plus, the atmosphere is amazing. I think I love the music in that game more than any other game soundtrack (though not by much).
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: April 09, 2010, 02:29:15 PM »
Yeah, the other games seem a lot more linear (I can see why people dislike them more). Also yeah, the music is amazing. Love them Prime remixes in the magmoor caverns.

vladgd

« Reply #1209 on: April 10, 2010, 02:50:02 AM »
so a friend of mine came over, and i wanted to test my hori on the pc (as i remembered, works fine) so we played some fightans on the ggpo thinger.

trying it out alone, i didn't like jojo's bizarre adventure.  playing with a bro, i started enjoying it, even though i didn't really know much more than the general motion moves, and ex like supers.  i recalled hearing the game was good, i had bad first impressions (maby it was because i tried d'bo) but messing around with other dudes like say joseph, pretty good times.  i have had bad impressions with the 4 button 2d fighters ive played (blazblue, mvc2) but i wouldn't mind playing more jojo's. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: April 10, 2010, 05:08:20 AM »
Jojo's is fairly simple, I'm assuming it's so well liked because of the mass character diversity and the fact that it's a crazy game.

Also I'm thoroughly enjoying DMC4. I remember liking the gauntlets in DMC3 but never really using them much, but in this game I'm using them more then the sword. That and I can hardly see why people would bitch about the back tracking, what with each area having changed decently and adding new enemies.

I'm finding Dante to almost have too many moves/abilities. I use swordsman like 90% of the time then switch to trickster for stronger enemies and basically never use guards men or gunslinger ever. Guard seems useful but fucking HARD to use right.

Also Lucifer seems fucking great for getting high combo rankings.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 03:50:00 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1211 on: April 11, 2010, 12:23:11 AM »
i have had bad impressions with the 4 button 2d fighters ive played

What seems to be the problem with them?

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1212 on: April 11, 2010, 01:46:23 AM »
to be blunt, i don't like them.  im not even going to tldr.

blazblue, i mained tager, nuff said.

mvc2.  dude when i watch people play that game, i don't understand it.  now translate that into me playing it, yeah, no.  

*edit*

i uhh...that alt costume for ken is what you call in my neck of the woods, fucking awesome.  if you see me playing as ken online, slap me.  if you see me playing as ken online in that alt costume, YEE HAW PARDNER!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 10:29:20 AM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1213 on: April 11, 2010, 12:28:46 PM »
I've never liked mvc2 that much either. But I love the guiltygear games.The only problem I've got playing it on ps2 is that since the timing is as strict as it is for the directional movements, my thumb gets fucked, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: April 11, 2010, 08:48:17 PM »
GG is a 5 button fighter, as is BlazBlue (I think...).

i uhh...that alt costume for ken is what you call in my neck of the woods, fucking awesome.  if you see me playing as ken online, slap me.  if you see me playing as ken online in that alt costume, YEE HAW PARDNER!

More like mad gay.

Ken:"Hey Ryu, can I have a kiss?"
Ryu: "SHORYUKEN!".