Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 600381 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1215 on: April 11, 2010, 09:44:02 PM »
GG is a 5 button fighter, as is BlazBlue (I think...).

Lol, true, there is Dust. But really, it's more like a 4 button + 1
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1216 on: April 11, 2010, 09:49:33 PM »
i own the collectors edition of blazblue.  it is a 4 button fighter using "a, b, c, and d" attacks. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: April 11, 2010, 10:07:31 PM »
Ah, thanks. I couldn't be arsed into starting

Lol, true, there is Dust. But really, it's more like a 4 button + 1

Kind of, it is really hard to mix dust well into my normal game play. Tho I do use it for a Slayer combo and when I play Robo I use it fucking constantly (THROWIN DEM ELECTRICITY MATS AND DAT BIKE PROPELLER).

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1218 on: April 11, 2010, 10:33:10 PM »
I only use it when I think I can get away with it then air combo the fuck out of the opponent.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1219 on: April 15, 2010, 07:27:47 AM »
so i was watching the giant bomb XBOXALYPSE basically playing the original xbox live as it was going down, kind of got me in the mood to play some games.

halo 3
borderlands (yeah wut)
some racing game
something online that isn't call of duty
50 cent blood on the sand
final fight double impact
blur demo

so, you know, yeah.  might be posting about some game in a while.  though, money spendage on game will wait since ill be spending even more money on the stick on friday.  try and ween myself away from doing nothing in the internet to playing more vidya. 

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: April 15, 2010, 03:06:01 PM »
I fucking hate Stantler. He gets in the way every time I'm looking for a specific Pokemon.

The first time was in the Pokewalker. I'd gotten enough steps to get a Castform or a Kecleon in the Treehouse route, so I used the Pokeradar to find one. Who do I find? Stantler. I try again. Stantler. Again. Stantler. Again. Stantler. Again. Fucking Stantler. I eventually got a Castform, then I had to retry the walk to get a Kecleon (the walker keeps the steps counted, so all I needed to do was take a Pokemon out and put it back in). So I get enough W to use the Pokeradar a few times. First time, Stantler. Second, Stantler. Third, Stantler. Fourth, Stantler. I had enough W for 12 tries. ALL OF THEM WERE STANTLER.

Then there was the Safari Zone. I had the objects there so I could find a Surskit in the plains area. Who do I run in to 13 times in a row? Stantler. Then I found a Surskit and it ran. Then I ran into 10 more Stantler. Then a Girafarig. Then 4 Stantler. Then I gave up and tried again the next day.

Now there's today. I'm trying to catch two of the legendary beasts, Raikou and Entei, who always run around the map. I got Raikou on the route I was on, so I go into the grass and GUESS WHO'S FUCKING THERE INSTEAD OF RAIKOU?

I swear, Stantler has something against me catching stuff.

EDIT: Ok, Raikou is a cheating bastard. Wobbuffet has an ability that keeps the foe from being able to escape. I ran into Raikou with someone else in the lead. I switched to Wobbuffet, and Raikou defied Wobbuffet's ability and fled. What the fuck.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 08:46:22 PM by annon »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: April 16, 2010, 04:32:14 AM »
Welp, DMC4 is done. I must say, most of the bosses were fairly boring with fairly little variation in there attacks, but it was a fun game overall. The Dante fight was by far the hardest and the most fun, the Credo and bug guy fights were also good but a bit lacking and everything else was basically okay or mediocre. The final boss was just a complete let down, he probably was one of the easiest and the most boring out of everyone.

Overall a great game, not as good as 3 but still damn awesome and definitely better in the variety aspect.

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #1222 on: April 16, 2010, 02:19:25 PM »
I wanted to start playing Age of Empires 2 again, but every time I start a random map, I instantly win 5 minutes later before I even do anything. I've scoured the settings and I can't figure out why. Any ideas?
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: April 16, 2010, 03:00:16 PM »
Welp, DMC4 is done. I must say, most of the bosses were fairly boring with fairly little variation in there attacks, but it was a fun game overall. The Dante fight was by far the hardest and the most fun, the Credo and bug guy fights were also good but a bit lacking and everything else was basically okay or mediocre. The final boss was just a complete let down, he probably was one of the easiest and the most boring out of everyone.

Overall a great game, not as good as 3 but still damn awesome and definitely better in the variety aspect.

What difficulty did you play it on? The bosses get more variation to what they do at higher difficulties.

Also, I have been playing Pokemon HeartGold. I've almost got my team figured out. I also have a shiny Umbreon.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: April 16, 2010, 04:17:11 PM »
What difficulty did you play it on? The bosses get more variation to what they do at higher difficulties.

Devil Hunter (which I'm assuming is normal?). It was the highest difficulty I could play. I was sad tho, when you beat 3 on normal a message at the end pops up and says "Don't you hate being considered normal?" but when you beat 4 at the end it says "YOU'RE NO CASUAL GAMER AREN'T YOU".

vladgd

« Reply #1225 on: April 17, 2010, 04:31:00 AM »

i blow at racing games that aren't diddy kong racing and star wars episode 1 racer, so this is a feat for me.  first first place all night.

pretty fun game.  i wouldn't get it at full price, but that isn't to knock it's quality.  i mean what was the last racing game i bought?  I LITERALLY DO NOT REMEMBER, so the fact that i would eventually buy this game says you need to fucking try it.  

it's like mario kart meets burnout, only the powerups are really only bullshit when you get gangbanged by them.  even then, you don't lose too much speed unless you total the car or something, so getting hit by a "red turtle shell" or something just slows you down a little bit, and even then you can dodge it at the last second if you are good, shoot it down as it approaches, or shockwave the motherfucker.  

my quick opinion on the powerups to give me something to type.

barge (i call it shockwave) is like good to have all the time.
only nab the repair when you need it (though it doesn't hurt to be careful, having two shockwaves is nice for that fucker with two shunts)
don't fire the shunt (red turtle shell) all willy nilly, it has homing yes, but you should try to be in a good range for it to not give them much time to react
the 3 missiles (3 green turtle shells) is a bit odd.  seems a bit too situational to take over a more important powerup.  could be good for knocking out shunts (i think), and finishing off low health players.
shield is good.  yeah you can absorb attacks with it, but i don't use it for that, shockwave takes care of the shunts, shield is good for corners.  tight turn ahead?  use the shield and slam into that wall without losing much speed.  
mine.  well it's a mine, you know how to use these, put them in tight spaces or behind powerups.  
nitro...not much to say here, you go faster.  
"shock" plants three lightning bolts in front of the first place player, but if he avoids it, it stays on the track for a while.  it's not a bullshit move, you can dodge these pretty easily, and it doesn't slow you down too bad.  when there's like...9 of them out at the same time and you have other racers around you...HAVE FUN!

though sometimes the powerups "cough" fucking up your place at the last second "cough" get a little annoying.  but i can say it's done pretty well in this game.  plus the whole "modern warfare leveling up applied to a racing game" is alright, im a fan of that model.  say you aren't doing so good, don't compete for first, just compete for something obtainable, and if you lose, you got some fans (exp) out of the deal.  that's what i do anyway, sometimes it's more fun not winning because being in the middle of the pack is where all the action is.  

tldr, as a person who hasn't enjoyed mario kart since the snes game, i can say i enjoy this.  

*edit*

i got another first place...on tokyo.  i guess i know tokyo pretty well because every race people vote on more goddamn tokyo.  though none of the tracks bother me, i would like to play something other than tokyo or barcelona.  it's literally like you go to tokyo, then barcelona, then tokyo, then barcelona.  there's like two other good tracks in there nobody is voting on.  

and uhh i am kind of considering getting this motherfucker, the more i play the more i like. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 08:23:07 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: April 17, 2010, 05:56:23 AM »
I just played a little bit of God of War 3, and I just realized how badly the game is retconned after the first game. In the first game the only god you actually see is Ares, and he's always a giant human with a fire beard and all that crazy stuff. Yet in GOW3 everyone looks like a human and is shockingly easy to kill considering all the shit you go through in the first game.

The consistency between the first and second game alone is pretty laughable considering at the end of the first game it says he stays the god of war for the rest of time...

Edit for RAGE.

Fucking Megaman X went from easy to "OH GOD WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING WRONG HERE". Sigma's second and third forms are insane, all he does in his second form is jump around like a faggot making it one of the harder to dodge attacks in the game.

I might HAVE to get the hadouken armor.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 06:10:58 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: April 21, 2010, 10:24:15 PM »
Well, megaman x is done. Used hadouken armor to beat Sigma's first two forms in one hit, which was sort of cheap, but fuck it. Still had to use all of my e-tanks on his final form.

but yeah, fucking great game, wish I played it when I first had the chance too.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1228 on: April 21, 2010, 10:27:52 PM »
I remember one year just after it came out, I wanted it for Christmas. I got it. And played the fuck out of it (though there was no way I was able to beat it back then. I still have a hell of a time now.

Still, I did actually own the original cartridge... Until I decided to hock my SNES games because my SNES was broken for years. :/ I really regret that.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1229 on: April 22, 2010, 03:49:05 AM »
i took out ye ole sonics ultimate genesis collection and played some game on there.  played the arcade version of shinobi for about an hour.  i made it to level 3 in that time, game is balls hard.

but having unlimited tries makes this a game i might eventually complete.  fun as hell, just damn, damn hard.  it's one hit, and BACK TO THE BEGINNING OF THE LEVEL, yep.  think i like it over shinobi 3, seriously.