Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 591518 times)

Eggman

• View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1230 on: April 22, 2010, 04:20:52 AM »
I used to be able to no miss (that is, never get touched) in MMX. This was back in the day when I got literally one game per year. And I didn't even get that one. My cousin got it as a birthday present and I was over there all the time so we took turns playing it. We actually found the Hadoken on our own.

I probably can't no miss any of the other games but I can definitely do a 1cc for most of the X series. X3 is a huge pain for some reason and parts of X6 are just ridiculous.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: April 22, 2010, 04:48:14 AM »
... Until I decided to hock my SNES games because my SNES was broken for years. :/ I really regret that.

Meh, I can see why you would sell them. This just makes me really want to find a buy the megaman and megaman X collections that came out.

but having unlimited tries makes this a game i might eventually complete.  fun as hell, just damn, damn hard.  it's one hit, and BACK TO THE BEGINNING OF THE LEVEL, yep.  think i like it over shinobi 3, seriously.  

No shit? I love Revenge of Shinobi, so this sounds good.

I used to be able to no miss (that is, never get touched) in MMX. This was back in the day when I got literally one game per year. And I didn't even get that one. My cousin got it as a birthday present and I was over there all the time so we took turns playing it. We actually found the Hadoken on our own.

I figured it would be borderline impossible to find that armor without prior knowledge, which is crazy. The game is fairly easy for a megaman game, but not getting hit on the home stretch and Sigma fights would be borderline retarded hard (unless you hadoukened, but even then fuck that noise).

Also someone gifted me Deus Ex during the sale and I've started that. I'm definitely liking this more then System Shock, but the shooting still feels very clunky and the enemy AI seems goofy as all hell, that and I hear it's a damn long game. Somehow I'm still enjoying it.

Also yeah, I'm at Fourside in EarthBound, how much longer is this game?

and ONE MORE THING. Anyone here play beat hazard?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 04:56:27 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: April 22, 2010, 05:14:22 AM »
Man you are like nowhere in Earthbound haha. Fourside, Moonside, Summers, Winters, back to Threed, that one desert town that I can't remember the name of, the Museum and Sewers, Saturn Valley in there a few times, Deep Darkness, Magicant and more still to come! Still the best game ever made, bar none. I pray that developers get smart and start using that game's idea to have enemies that actually avoid you when you get too strong for them and die instantly without a battle when you touch them. And the rolling HP bar that lets you save yourself even from mortal wounds.

You can't hit Sigma's final form with a Hadoken anyway. It just bounces off of him. His sword form is super easy.

Here's a video of someone doing it with just the X-buster and using the cheap method for his final form!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 05:19:34 AM by Eggman »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1233 on: April 22, 2010, 06:41:42 AM »
Also yeah, I'm at Fourside in EarthBound, how much longer is this game?

Simple answer: A Lot.

Like Eggman said, you are practically nowhere, lol.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: April 22, 2010, 03:55:45 PM »
Looks like I'm playing Earthbound and Deus Ex for a while then. I'll probably start with the next Megaman Zero game (I'd recommend it Eggman, assuming you haven't played it).

vladgd

« Reply #1235 on: April 25, 2010, 02:00:16 AM »
so save for street fighter, and netflix (which i haven't really used in a month), the only thing i have turned the 360 on for was ffxiii grinding.  well, i just maxed out every character, the drive to do anything else at the moment is done, i have had my fill of that game.  

now time to do what i have been meaning to do, and haven't had the time and had the time but used it to do other things, the new the most recent mass effect 2 dlc.  so glad i got the 60gig HDD because the firewalker/kasumi dlc is about 1 gig.  1gig was a lot of real estate on my old tiny hdd.  anywho, ill talk about it when it's downloaded and i played it.  

BUYING the dlc which cost 560 points was really convenient.  i had 160 points laying around, the new point buying system lets me buy in smaller chunks, plop $4.99 on 400 points, bam there i am.  

last point, i bought deus ex 1 and 2 for a combined total of $5.00 on steam, impulse buy, but if i want to play deus ex, i don't need to hunt down the dvd anymore.  

*edit*

did the kasumi mission and 2 firewalker missions.

kasumi mission was neat.  better than the zaeed mission, though you didn't pay extra for the zaeed mission.  ill try and break it down.  first half of the mission is a more social/explorey type thing which is done pretty well, and the second half is your typical SHOOT YOUR WAY OUT ending.  you get a new smg out of the thing, your obvious kasumi loyalty, and the formal wear you had on in the first half of the mission becomes casual wear for the normandy.  so i have this neat black dress thing to run around in rather than the other bland civilian clothes you can choose from. 

firewalker, well you have this hovercraft thing which can jump HELLA high, and it shoots rockets.  basically run around these levels finding "data" (points where you hold the y button to progress the mission).  only did two of the missions, pretty sure i have three left.  for what it is, free dlc, i think it's a nice addition to the game.  i mean it's fun content which is different from anything else in the game, can't really complain there. 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 04:49:35 AM by vladgd »

K-Mann

« Reply #1236 on: April 25, 2010, 11:27:03 PM »
Hey in FFXIII if someones magic power goes up, does that make the amount of HP a spell like Cura or Esuna replenishes higher?

IE: Vanilles magic is say 190 and Cure does 150. If her magic was higher, like 250, would Cure do 200 or whatever?

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: April 25, 2010, 11:33:37 PM »
I'm full of rage after playing Deus Ex. It's probably because I'm at the start of the game, but literally ALL GUNS are useless unless I can the ability to sit still and actually AIM ON THEM to get my accuracy just right to shoot. It's so goddamn dumb it's mind numbing, the only reason I've made it into the NSF base is because the AI in this game is fucking retarded.

I hardly see how people can bitch about STALKER when Deus Ex exists.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 27, 2010, 07:29:17 AM »
Replaying Pokemon Sapphire. I decided to challenge myself this time around by doing some things I never do.

1) I picked Torchic as my starter. I always go with either Mudkip or Treeko, depending on whether I want type coverage or speed. I've never picked Torchic unless I immediately traded it to another game.

2) I used more than 4 battlers in the main game. Usually I have my starter, catch 2 or 3 other Pokemon to train and fight, and then the rest is occupied by HM whores. This time, I've got 5 battlers and one HM whore.

3) I specialized in a certain element. I always have a pretty good mix in my team, but this time I decided to specialize in flying types. Aside from the Torchic line and a Marill HM whore, I have Skarmory, Swellow, Tropius, and Pelipper on my team, the latter two I've never used for any sort of battling.

4) I didn't catch Kyogre when I had the chance to. In Sapphire, once you have Kyogre, you can teach it Thunder and Surf while keeping Ice Beam and Calm Mind on it and it'll take out anything from the 8th gym all the way through the Elite Four and Champion with little effort. Now I have to actually train my team.

I like this, though. The game is fun again because I'm not just going through the motions like I usually do.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 07:33:38 AM by annon »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

vladgd

« Reply #1239 on: April 28, 2010, 04:44:18 AM »
3 hours of sleep, got super street fighter 4, 9 hours played today.

haven't been playing online, just trying to learn inexperienced friends the game, but i have been hella enjoying...

gen

yeah, wut?  after pissing around with him for a while, he seems a bit less intimidating.  it will take me probably a rather long time to find a main (100 hours in vanilla sf4, no main) but i am open to liking more things this time around.  not to mention learning the intricacies of the game engine itself rather than trying to play it like sf2, that is the reason i blow utter ass at sf4.  too much time "LOL TICK SPD" in sf2, not enough time trying to learn combos and whatnot.  going to put forth an effort to learning this game this time around.  

also ibuki has a dictionaries worth of target combos, jesus christ.  but like i am going to make an effort to learning ibuki.  i need to get a "skill" character down, it would help my execution greatly.  

as for gen, i need to level up a bit before i want to take using him seriously.  so like ibuki will be my alt, but i need a main dude i can rely on.  i like bison, but i hate doing his bnb, so...i shouldn't main him, and i need to stop using him.  i generally enjoy chun, but i don't enjoy her defensivey playstyle due to her low health.  i might have to go back to checking out honda.  yeah he's defensive, but the man is a god damn brick house, and doing his lp xx hands is really fun, and his normals hit like a truck.  im not going to say "well he's my man" because hurp durp no main in the 100 hours of sf4 i played, but honda will be a start.  while investigating that, i have to put in more time with the new characters, never know who i may enjoy.  

typing this shenanigans is me thinking out loud.  more tldr's to come.  and if any of y'all get super for the 360, hit me up, i need fightan bros.  

*edit*

fuck everything i say, bison bison bison bison bison bison bison.

priority, bison, then anybody else afterwords.  

*EDRDEF*

20 hours of ssfiv played...uhh...this game is fun?   yeah, it's fun.  got into some /v/ fightan irc thinger and i was playing a few people for like...7 hours or something.  i have never played a fighting game for that long in one session before.  

what i gained from that?  i like bison again, starting to get in the groove of his c lk xx lk knee press.  then i played a lot of gen.  would you guess i lost a lot using gen?  because i did.  i don't understand how gen can be successful, but i know how to play him more today than i did yesterday.  

*why twitter when i can edit!*

so i think i have a basic bison game going for me right now, which is fine, because from that i can refine what i know.  my clk xx lk siscor is getting better, starting to get the hang of using different strength siscor kicks for different ranges (ie, heavy kick is unsafe on block unless far enough away to only get one hit).  also dicking around in training mode, j mp to st rh is pretty decent.  though im not too sure how good jmp is at an anti air...and like if i did land that jmp, i would rather ultra than st rh.  

then there's ibuki and gen.  still working on em, though gen more than ibuki by about 90%.  

gen mantis u2 blows, but crane u2 is pretty damn good.  i think im going to have to play with u1 and learn how to use crane u1.  y'see, for what i know thus far...mantis u1 can be comboed into with super, and does damage.  mantis u2 can only be comboed into super with certain big characters (hakan, gief, hawk, maby sagat), and does 0 damage (all focus damage, ie if they run away, which they will, and i fail to land an attack, it will have done nothing).  crane u1 = anti air, kind of like the crane super but better.  crane u2 = fuck awesome, can be used as an anti air but can also hit ground.  

yadda yadda, i think u1 might be better but crane u2 is just too fun to use and watch.  

*EDIDr*

yeah fuck gen.  im going to put learning him on hold until the gen community re learns how to use this guy. 

next non bison character i will focus on will be ibuki. 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 04:21:38 AM by vladgd »

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: May 02, 2010, 01:38:09 PM »
Can't quote on my phone, but RE: pokemans. Eggman, I'll battle you in HG/SS. Annon, you've never used Tropius for a reason, it's because his base stats are awful and his movepool is AT BEST average.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: May 02, 2010, 05:09:24 PM »
Oh yeah, I wouldn't use him in meta, I know he doesn't measure up to pretty much any other grass type with the Chlorophyll ability. I still like him, though. Same reason I pick Gardevoir over Alakazam. Or lower tiers over higher ones, for that matter.

Also, going through Sapphire again, this time with an all-Grass team. It's possible to distribute all 8 HMs of the 3rd gen into Sapphire's Grass types and I like trying different things in this game.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 05:30:52 PM by annon »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

K-Mann

« Reply #1242 on: May 03, 2010, 12:27:10 AM »
Just got super street fighter 4

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 03, 2010, 05:48:17 AM »
I decided that I'm going to get the platinum trophy on Final Fantasy 13. I like the game enough and it actually doesn't take THAT long to get Treasure Hunter. In fact, I got all of the accessories in the last four hours. Probably take another four hours to get the rest of the weapons and then it's just L'Cie Paragon, which should be pretty fun to get. So maybe another 6 or 7 hours total to finish up the game. It'll be my first (and probably only for a really long time) platinum trophy.

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: May 03, 2010, 03:26:37 PM »
I really want to try and finish FF13.

I just got to Grand Pulse after playing 20-some hours, but then I got GTA 4 and played that for close to 40 hours.  I was going to go back to FF13, but The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony came out on PS3, which I just couldn't refuse to play.  I finished The Lost and Damned (didn't really bother with side missions; hated the races) and am playing Gay Tony with around 50% completion atm.  I have to convince myself to play FF13, because although I like to say I've had fun with it so far, it just seems SO BORING, looking back.  Hell, I often think of saying "fuck it" and playing Atelier Rorona instead.