Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 600780 times)

Eggman

• View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1245 on: May 04, 2010, 02:55:20 AM »
I don't know why it'd be hard to get back into it. The whole game is paced unbelievably well.

I just need to finish upgrading Vanille and Fang's weapons and I'll have Treasure Hunter hooray. Exciting. Everyone has their ultimate weapons too. And then after this, I start at the hardest mission and work my way back down for getting 5 stars on them.

vladgd

« Reply #1246 on: May 04, 2010, 04:27:53 AM »
Just got super street fighter 4

if you are ever on when i am on (ME = LATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE) ima have to hit you up nig.  trying to work on more of a variety of characters rather than just a set few.  though, having one character being the "main" focus. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: May 04, 2010, 12:33:32 PM »
Are the Third Strike charecters in SSF4 as awesome as they seem?

but yeah, I've been trying to install and beat a few of the games I have on my harddrive and I've so far have gotten through a decent chunck of Hitman Blood Money. I REALLY wish I stuck with this game when I saw my friend playing it on the PS2 forever ago, because I'm loving it now.

Also I've finally got hooked onto EarthBound, I'm just past Deep Darkness and I'm under stonehenge now. Those goddamn Super Starnen and those refilling robots are a bitch and a half. I've had one heal a super starman twice, killed it, only to have the super starman revive the fucking thing. Maybe it's just me, but this game seems harder then the average RPG, but there's no need and almost no way to grind levels.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: May 04, 2010, 03:07:15 PM »
You can find Criminal Caterpillars just outside Scaraba. You don't have to fight them and they give a ton of experience. They'll look like little worms that try to run away from you. You can just walk in and out of the city until one shows up near the gate.

The game gets harder depending on the mood of the story though. When it's more lighthearted, it's easier. When you enter an unknown or oddly foreign place, it gets harder. It's all on purpose.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: May 04, 2010, 04:27:08 PM »
Yeah, I was running into them in the desert between Threed and Fourside and I got a few.

Also I know what you mean now, but it's hard to tell what with old scary enemies now becoming weak due to leveling.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1250 on: May 04, 2010, 06:42:34 PM »
Yeah, that game is an absolute marvel of story telling. And yes, it does get pretty damn difficult at times, lol. But they managed to make it so that despite how hard it got, it rarely ever got to the point where you want to hit something.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1251 on: May 04, 2010, 07:09:57 PM »
Are the Third Strike charecters in SSF4 as awesome as they seem?

by what do you mean as awesome as they seem?

i think it's a matter of personal preference.  i mean, i don't like dudley or makoto, but i enjoy ibuki. 

but i mean if you are saying "i really enjoy x character from this previous street fighter game" you may be disappointed.  i really liked dee jay and zangief in street fighter 2, im not much a fan of either of them in street fighter 4.  on the flip side, i really enjoy sf4 bison, and i didn't enjoy sf2 bison.  what i am saying is you may end up enjoying a character you didn't intend on enjoying. 

K-Mann

« Reply #1252 on: May 04, 2010, 07:32:49 PM »
I always tried a variety of characters. Hate hate hate hate using blanka and El Fuerte but oh well.

Need tips for a beginner like fuck

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: May 04, 2010, 08:25:55 PM »
Makoto has a ton of damage potential but she has an extremely hard time getting in. I see characters like Bison, Akuma, Dhalsim, Sagat, and Seth just destroying her because of it. And she doesn't have the life to be able to keep up that high risk play style. Her play style sort of needed parries to be able to continuously advance to keep her in the fight.

Dudley is a bit different from 3S but he's still a beast. J. Roundhouse into whatever to EX machinegun blow to jab machinegun blow to ultra 2 is easy to do and does tons of damage. You can hit with jab jet upper into a fierce jet upper. Cross counter creates massive wakeup games. And he has very high stamina.

Ibuki has a ton of combos and some great possible keep-away tactics. Great all-around character.

vladgd

« Reply #1254 on: May 04, 2010, 08:55:14 PM »
I always tried a variety of characters. Hate hate hate hate using blanka and El Fuerte but oh well.

Need tips for a beginner like fuck

if you want to get better, find a character you enjoy (may take a while) and stick with it. 

hard to get better when you jump from character to character without really improving a whole lot on each character.

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/jul/08/street-fighter-4-strategy-guide-hints-and-tips/

random information available, not all of the info is up to date with ssfiv, but it's still helpful.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: May 04, 2010, 09:40:56 PM »
if you want to get better, find a character you enjoy (may take a while) and stick with it. 

hard to get better when you jump from character to character without really improving a whole lot on each character.

Quoting for truth. At least find one that you like and try and get down some combos and some of the deeper game mechanics along with getting used to the game engine. After I learned Faust and Robo well enough in GG it was fairly easy for me to pick up May.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: May 07, 2010, 04:03:58 AM »
Finished getting the platinum trophy in Final Fantasy XIII. It's probably in my top 5 of the series. Took 105 hours total.

And for the record, my top FF games are:

1. Final Fantasy VI
2. Final Fantasy Tactics
3. Final Fantasy VIII
4. Final Fantasy IV
5. Final Fantasy XIII
6. Final Fantasy IX
7. Final Fantasy V
8. Final Fantasy XII
9. Final Fantasy VII
10. Final Fantasy X/X-2
11. Final Fantasy III
12. Final Fantasy I
13. Final Fantasy II
14. Final Fantasy XI (just because it's an MMO and I don't play them)

I'm really looking forward to FF Versus XIII, which is supposed to be more of an action game (the Kingdom Hearts team is working on it) with a very serious tone to the whole game. It retains the XIII title part because it contains some of the same overall themes, like an oppressive god-like force presiding over the world.

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: May 07, 2010, 03:27:37 PM »
Finished Ballad of Gay Tony, ~16 hours, didn't bother with half the side quests.

FFXIII, ~25 hours in, Gran Pulse

and, uhh, out of the ones I've played...

1. Final Fantasy 6
2. Final Fantasy 5
3. Final Fantasy 7
4. Final Fantasy 4
5. Final Fantasy 9
6. Final Fantasy 10
7. Final Fantasy 2
8. Final Fantasy 3
9. Final Fantasy 13 (may/may not move up when I finish)
10. Final Fantasy 8
11. Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest
12. Final Fantasy

Next On My List:
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction, Wild Arms 3, NeoContra, and plan to get Record of Agarest War before the limited edition starts selling for over $60.  Also, I'm making myself wet thinking of the U.S. release of DeathSmiles.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: May 07, 2010, 04:23:11 PM »
Man I really need to play 6 then.

Also it takes far too long to unlock the secondary silencer in Blood money.

vladgd

« Reply #1259 on: May 09, 2010, 08:14:40 AM »
want a browser based grindan game to kill time?

http://babarageo.com/flash/ginormo/

ginormo sword

mouse to move, click to sword, kill shit to get money to upgrade sword to eventually bigger than the damn screen you are on.