Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 600267 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1260 on: May 10, 2010, 05:51:50 PM »
So I bought the indie bundle (god I hope I have cash on my debit card) and I'm installing Penumbra and world of goo now. That furry game also looks laughably bad.

Also I WAS stuck in Earthbound for a while on the Starman DX, then I realized I had a shield move that blocked all psychic attacks and an item that destroys shields and I took him down easily(he didn't even throw out Starstorm once, which sort of pisses me off).
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 06:24:47 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #1261 on: May 11, 2010, 12:16:08 AM »
tried playing san andreas for like 10 minutes.

i can't play it. 

did not age well unfortunately.  which sucks, because it's probably the best gta game.  getting killed quickly + long load times + redoing entire damn mission...ehh...i would rather spend my time playing something else. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 11, 2010, 05:23:16 AM »
Yeah, I have a feeling that would annoy me most about GTA. The whole variety of what's there and how stupidly hard some things can be just seems meh overall. That and I've never liked the shooting or driving missions all that much, I'm assuming the real reason people play GTA is because of the whole theme of the game and the "YOU CAN DO ANYTHING" aspect.

but yeah, I'm getting addicted to Killing Floor. The game on hard just hits such a nice spot between "if you're not careful you will die" and "you don't need everyone on a mic in vent to stand a chance". Plus the Patriarch fights are stupidly fun for some reason. I guess the whole hit and run thing he does with the fact that he can kill you in one to two shots or a well placed rocket makes it a ton of fun.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: May 11, 2010, 05:46:21 AM »
want a browser based grindan game to kill time?

http://babarageo.com/flash/ginormo/

ginormo sword

mouse to move, click to sword, kill shit to get money to upgrade sword to eventually bigger than the damn screen you are on.

There went my fucking night. And probably most of the next week, too.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1264 on: May 11, 2010, 08:44:45 AM »
Yeah, I've had that game in a browser window running since I first read his post. Some of the later bosses get damn hard.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: May 11, 2010, 06:13:35 PM »
 Fucking world of goo tower of goo level makes me want to eat my hands.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: May 12, 2010, 07:42:01 PM »
Yeah, I'm stuck on the false god, gotta grind more. Level 1000+ sword is not enough, apparently :<!

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: May 12, 2010, 11:16:09 PM »
Jesus Christ, how long did that take you?

Also I got to play a bit of Monster Hunter Tri at a friends house and it seems fairly awesome. Lance seemed awesome (great range, awesome shield) so did the sword and shield and the switch axe. I'll probably pick up this game and get into it. I'm still somewhat unsure, a lot of the side stuff seems like filler for the boss/big monster fights.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1268 on: May 13, 2010, 09:14:12 AM »
Yeah, I'm stuck on the false god, gotta grind more. Level 1000+ sword is not enough, apparently :<!

Damn, I'm not that far. I do have the energy sword, but I'm still grinding for stats. My strength is like, 250ish, and my sword (the katana, lol) is like, lv 300ish, maybe 350 or 400 at most.

I found a golden knight, but wasn't able to do jack for damage to it, so I couldn't kill it.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: May 14, 2010, 07:41:21 PM »
It only took me like, 6 hours to get to the False God. I've spent like another 12 grinding to kill it and the Avatar though >:(

I made the stupid mistake of not pumping my stats much and going for all weapon levels though, so a level 1000 sword with only like 300-400 stats is kind of underwhelming. And apparently you can't really kill Golden Knights until you've got bullshit-high stats, since they have so much fucking HP. Dread Lords (The tier 3 living armor mob) still take me like 3-5 minutes, and I'm pretty sure they have like a fifth or less of the HP of the Golden Knight. :|

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: May 14, 2010, 08:26:19 PM »
Fucking Earthbound. I made a ton of progress just to lose a good chunk of it. I went from in the cave with the fire people, to being at the middle of the Jurassic area with that talking rock.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1271 on: May 15, 2010, 03:01:33 AM »
It only took me like, 6 hours to get to the False God. I've spent like another 12 grinding to kill it and the Avatar though >:(

I made the stupid mistake of not pumping my stats much and going for all weapon levels though, so a level 1000 sword with only like 300-400 stats is kind of underwhelming. And apparently you can't really kill Golden Knights until you've got bullshit-high stats, since they have so much fucking HP. Dread Lords (The tier 3 living armor mob) still take me like 3-5 minutes, and I'm pretty sure they have like a fifth or less of the HP of the Golden Knight. :|

I've got about 1k strength, and 1k sword.... Haven't had a Golden Knight recently, but I'm still having some trouble with a couple other mobs with bullshit high health. I think I've got about 300ish int, and 150ish luck, lol. My stats are extremely strength focused.... Then again, My armor is level 9, and I've got the buckler that prevents counter damage (which, by the way, is damage you take when your attacking. If you don't have it, and get hit while attacking, you take bullshit huge damage.)

I'm grinding like mad right now.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1272 on: May 16, 2010, 05:57:43 AM »
i made it to death and stopped, still was pretty fun while i played it. 

but inbetween getting my ass kicked in ssfiv, and getting banned from /v/, ive been playing shining force 2 on my "sonics ultimate genesis collection".  i am going to beat this fucker.  ive made it pretty far (past where you get frayja) TWICE, but emulated on old pc's...which hdd's died and thus the save data with it.  this time, that is a nonissue. 

http://sf2.shiningforcecentral.com/pages/mainguide_walkthrough_part2.html

currently in battle 24, going to try and grind all of my characters to an effective level 7 (ie, the two non promoted people will be level 27).  i don't need to do this, but im one of those people who enjoys having his dudes grinded up, but nothing TOO silly.  when people stop giving decent xp (fairly quick in this game) i stop.  basically making up for powering through the last two fights not spending time leveling properly. 

surprised i am using the birdman luke as much as i am.  he is a shit character, but compared to rick(could be good if i worked on him, but im not), kiwi(AWESOME AWESOME DEFENSE, but he dies if he eats anything related to magic since he has like 2 hitpoints), janet(slow, weak unless powerleveled), he's ok.  plus he can fly so at least he's mobile. 

main character gets the attack and hp permanent stat increase items.  think i may have given him the defense items as well, but i forgot.  he's the most powerful character i have BY FAR, which is fine.  the thing is if he dies, you lose.  if anybody else dies, you can revive them after the battle.  so y'see, making him a MOTHERFUCKIN STEAM TRAIN OF RAPE is a pretty good idea in my opinion.  i run him in the middle of anything and im not afraid to lose him.  i actually prefer to use him against the heavy hitting "lol i kill u" enemies, since his hp, attack, and defense is just obscene. 

believe it or not though, he's not the best character, actually quite a good number of characters turn into monsters of destruction later on.  pretty sure it's unanimous that peter is typically the best character.  highest hp, auto revives after battles (he's literally a phoenix), he can fly, high attack, half damage from fire, ect. 

but im not going to talk about everybody, just wanted to splurge on about the game a bit since i haven't heard anybody mention anything of this game.  kind of fits what ive wanted to play to be honest.  "old game i know is good, aged well for me, i haven't yet beaten it"

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: May 16, 2010, 03:52:21 PM »
I am FULL of rage now.

World of Goo. It was fairly addicting at the start, then you get to the "Tower of goo" level and all you do is stack goo up in a tower and pray that it doesn't fall over before you hit the suction pipe at the top. It's just fucking dumb and a huge pain in the ass.

Penumbra. I have to open this gate with a dog at the other side, and the dog is fucking invincible. I can throw things at the dog to stun (I thought wound, but no) it but it doesn't seem to do a ton of good. Hell, even half the time I throw shit at it it doesn't seem to give a fuck. I once nailed it in the face while it was running full speed at me and the propane tank just bounced off his face and rolled away. Then I figured I'd hit a tank until it exploded, I did just that and the dog was hit by it, then he was getting up and the other tank exploded and knocked him down, and that still didn't kill him. I ran to the next area and there was another (maybe the same?) dog. Shit's annoying.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: May 16, 2010, 06:03:24 PM »
Apparently, you can kill those dogs, but it just takes an inordinate amount of time. If you have the pick-axe (I think this is the strongest melee weapon?) I think there are some boxes you can stand on, and just whack at them from safety, and eventually they'll die, although I think they respawn. You're not supposed to kill them afaik though.