Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 600428 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1275 on: May 16, 2010, 10:09:23 PM »
Suppose I'll just try and run away then.

vladgd

« Reply #1276 on: May 18, 2010, 09:34:10 AM »
desktop dungeons

http://www.qcfdesign.com/?cat=20

fuck these good super small size (this is a download of about 2 megs, ginormo sword is like instant load) addictive little rpg things.

this little mini roguelike rpg is more fun than ive had in my attempts of playing a real roguelike.  nethack confuses the piss out of me, and stone soup although a little easier to grasp, still way hard.  

this game is pretty tits.  it's one screen, should take about 10-20 minutes to complete/realize you fucked up and can't win.  only completed it with a human fighter so far.  you start out with 4 classes, you can unlock an additional 8.  beat the game with the fighter, unlock the berserker, beat the game with the berserker to unlock whatever that is.  same with the other classes.  

*inserted edit*
ontop of those additional 8 there's 6 secret classes also to unlock.  making 18 classes in the game...

so, you want another fast to obtain, free, addictive, spend as much or as little time with it as you wish time killer?  give it a shot.  not sure i know where i found ginormo sword, but im pretty sure i remember bookmarking desktop dungeons months ago from /tg/, didn't really check it out till around 30 minutes ago.

that and i may get red dead redemption when i wake up, if the local walmart doesn't have it, i may or may not check gamestop in the next town.  depends on if i feel like it or not.  
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 09:45:56 AM by vladgd »

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: May 18, 2010, 06:44:06 PM »
Started playing through LURK on SoC. Very, very impressed with the visuals so far, the game looks really, really nice. The new weapons are cool too, there's a lot of them, and unlike OL, they're not unique so I don't feel like a schmuck for not using them. The 35kg weight limit is a mixed blessing though. It makes the game more survival-horroresque, which is fun, but I can only use two weapons at a time, which is a buzzkill. Oh well, it's more realistic.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: May 18, 2010, 07:25:24 PM »
I really didn't like LURK. Shit was a pain and the shotguns were very goofy. The weight limit means you can hold like one gun and a pistol with hardly any ammo for each. There's a file that tweaks a few things, but it makes like every assault rifle very spray and pray friendly.

Also how do I get to the musical place in Fourside in earth bound? I'm missing that one and the one right after that on my sound stone...

K-Mann

« Reply #1279 on: May 18, 2010, 07:30:36 PM »
Got Red Dead Redemption today. Playthrough shall begin later in the evening.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: May 18, 2010, 09:31:13 PM »
I really didn't like LURK. Shit was a pain and the shotguns were very goofy. The weight limit means you can hold like one gun and a pistol with hardly any ammo for each. There's a file that tweaks a few things, but it makes like every assault rifle very spray and pray friendly.

Also how do I get to the musical place in Fourside in earth bound? I'm missing that one and the one right after that on my sound stone...

Very likely the museum in Fourside. I believe you end up in the sewers and then you fight the Plague Rat of Doom. And then the other might be the one in Dalaam's caves. You need one of the erasers to get into there.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1281 on: May 19, 2010, 12:30:16 AM »
Very likely the museum in Fourside. I believe you end up in the sewers and then you fight the Plague Rat of Doom. And then the other might be the one in Dalaam's caves. You need one of the erasers to get into there.

Man, it feels like you known that game way better than anyone has a right to, lol.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: May 19, 2010, 12:44:13 AM »

Wow that sounds exactly like what I need, thanks a ton.

Also I feel semi retarded for missing the one in happy happy village.

vladgd

« Reply #1283 on: May 19, 2010, 04:47:28 AM »
so i got red dead redemption.  

now while it is quite good, im not going to talk about it.

the random events in this game piss me the hell off.  for some goddamn reason i accidentally "fail and commit a crime" when i try helping people.  

"MY WIFE HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED"

follow guy, shoot criminals, wife dies when i am stuck behind a rock for some reason

somehow that caused me to commit a crime, it's not something i am doing in this game, so that caused me to reload my damn save.  

this has happened multiple times, i now refuse to fucking help any random asshole who asks me to help them.  or even like two fuckers chasing a guy while shooting.  to me, that looks like a threat, and i could die from the people shooting.  i kill them...OHH WAIT THEY WERE LAWMEN AND THE GUY THEY WERE CHASING WAS A CRIMINAL THANKS GAME FOR BEING SO OBVIOUS NOW EXCUSE ME WHILE I RELOAD MY SAVE

*eddruru*

that said, it's a really good game.  do you like grand theft auto?  you will probably like this game.  do you hate grand theft auto?  you will probably not like this game.

i like grand theft auto.  it's kind of a unique touch to what you would be used to in a gta game.  i mean, you aren't in a city, there is no cars...those two things alone make it feel pretty damn different, even though the structure is pretty similar.  
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 06:07:19 AM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: May 19, 2010, 04:14:29 PM »
Man, it feels like you known that game way better than anyone has a right to, lol.

It's literally my favorite game of all-time. Mother 3 is also in my top 5. Oddly enough, I haven't really replayed either game as many times as some other games (like Chrono Trigger or FF6 or even Valkyrie Profile) but the games are so memorable that they really stick with me.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1285 on: May 19, 2010, 05:55:14 PM »
Well, I don't blame you. That game was goddamned brilliant.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

K-Mann

« Reply #1286 on: May 21, 2010, 12:55:22 AM »
So Red Dead Redemption is hella fun.

FFXII is still fun.

Re acquired Fallout 3 (GOTY THIS TIME YES) and gonna rip shit up with that.

Good stuff for now!

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: May 21, 2010, 09:22:47 PM »
ONE LAST THING EGGMAN. Where do I find the sword of kings and can I get it after I'm through with Magnificent?

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: May 22, 2010, 03:27:34 AM »
You can only get the Sword of Kings from Starman Super in the Stonehenge Base and only unless you haven't killed the boss there.

So basically yeah, Magicant is too late.

It doesn't really matter that much anyway. It's a 1/128 chance drop so it's a pain in the ass to grind for and it's not even that strong.

Jeff's ultimate weapon is made by having him repair the broken antenna, which is a 1/128 chance drop from the Uncontrollable Spheres in the Lumine Hall (the place you fought Electro Specter, the 7th Sanctuary Boss usually). Jeff needs to be around level 80 for a high enough IQ to fix it though. And you should probably just be using the Heavy Bazooka all the time anyway since it ignores defense.

Ness's ultimate weapon is the Gutsy Bat, which you can only get as a 1/128 drop from Bionic Krakens in the final area of the game.

Paula's Magic Fry Pan is a 1/128 chance drop from the Chompasaur's in Lost Underground. It's actually physically weaker than the one you can buy there, but it gives a +100 to guts (the Gutsy Bat is somewhat similar on that) so you'll survive more mortal attacks with it. And you'll get tons of criticals.

vladgd

« Reply #1289 on: May 22, 2010, 07:24:52 AM »
ive been slacking ass on playing vidya recently.  (work = standing up all day, then i take an hour walk, i just want to browse the internets)

did a mission for a stranger to get him flowers for his wife.  i do so, albiet FUCK COUGARS, but i give him said flowers.

there's a lot of fucking wackjobs in this game and that fucker is one of em.  and is it me, or does the game not go 30 seconds without shoving a random event down your throat?  i try to ignore them at this point unless they directly impede my progress (ie a faggot shooting at me).  the occasional random event is peachy, but not im going to go to town to sell my buck skins only to find several instances of hookers being attacked, ladies being taken away, stampedes of shooting faggots running through town, people goading me into a duel, ect.  though i mean whatever, if it wasn't that i would probably nitpick about something else. 

finishing that mission gave me access to the duster outfit. (think it was due to honor gained not from the mission itself)  pretty snazzy looking.