Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 600267 times)

Eggman

• View Profile
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1365 on: July 29, 2010, 10:08:14 PM »
They changed nearly all of the astrals to be easier. They also let you do them in the first round now.

Original Nu is also a dlc character.

vladgd

« Reply #1366 on: July 29, 2010, 11:38:48 PM »
mu challenge mode mission 5, done by me!

hazama challenge mission 3.  failed by me!

getting all 5 hits before hitting the ground, jump before hitting the ground and do them again without hitting the ground....and getting the hcf b at the end, i just can't do it.  im just in a feelin like uploading videos to youtube mood today. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: July 30, 2010, 04:07:56 PM »
Well, LDK mode in DMC4 is already raping me. The tons of frosts, which can shoot an incredibly strong projectile and heal themselves are hard as hell. I've never fought so many before, and I'm unsure what to do.

Also I'm going to try and raise my hunter rank in Tri so I can do the fun fights, shouldn't take long with my current gear.

vladgd

« Reply #1368 on: July 31, 2010, 10:29:10 AM »
mu-12 challenge mode mission 6

after that, 7 looked too spacing dependent, so i worked for 40 minutes on mission 8, finally got it. 

3c, 2b, 5c, 2c, jump, jc, j2c, 2b, 5c, 2c, jump, jc, j2c, 2b xx hcb f c. 

it got to the point where i pretty much had the combo down, and i could do the super cancel at the end, but couldn't land it in the combo itself, but rather only separately.  going from down, to forward, half circle back forward in a split second is a bit tricky.  i think after i completed that i have a better method.  down, then kind of a mini 360 from neutral forward and complete the half circle back motion.

ill probably video that later, but i stayed up way to late doing mission 8 (10:30am as i post this), time for some sleep.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1369 on: August 01, 2010, 02:17:40 AM »
Just picked up Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations today.  I played through the first mission and while it certainly has the same charm as the other four games, I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about the new gameplay.  I guess I'll see how I like it when the cases start getting more intricate and complex.
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #1370 on: August 01, 2010, 05:16:17 AM »
you'll probably never use any of it.

i modified mu-12's mission 8 into something i personally find easier which is an easy 5k damage in a corner. 

3c, 2b, 5c, 2c, jc, j2c, 2b, 5c, 2c, jc, j2c, 2b, 5b, whateverthefuckherhalfcircleback c super is

basically instead of going from 2b to super, which i personally find stupidly hard, i am able to chain 2b into 5b making the cancel into super a lot easier.  even without meter it's a good combo.  though after that last 2b, you can't go back into 5c else it's teachable, else i could do that combo infinitely. 

plus doing challenge mode really helps with execution. 

VIDEO OF HOW ITS SO EASY EVEN I CAN DO IT (27 seconds long, click it niggers)

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: August 01, 2010, 05:33:18 AM »
Yeah, that's actually a pretty easy combo and pretty much taken from one of Nu's old combos (although it had like 20 more hits to it since each part in the air was multi-hit).

Doing stuff like that doesn't help with my execution at all though. If I sit and concentrate too much on "okay, get him in a corner or try to push him there to do that big combo I know I can do" then I lose sight of all the stuff I can do outside of that. It has more to do with me using Arakune than anything else. You have to pretty much pay attention to every bit of space around you and pokes until you land enough to hit curse, at which point it becomes all about blockstun and cross-ups. The bugs do most of the comboing for you though.

I really want the dlc characters to start showing up soon. Makoto's supposed to be next week I think. As of right now I've been playing Arakune and Tager (and some Hazama) but none of them really fits my usual style of heavy rushdown very well (Arakune used to...). Makoto seems like she'd do pretty well at it. Tsubaki too but I don't like her drive very much.

K-Mann

« Reply #1372 on: August 02, 2010, 05:28:32 PM »
Currently playing:

Alan Wake
Left 4 Dead 2
Final Fantasy XIII
Bayonetta

This sucks, because I never know what I want to finish:

I'm on Chapter 11 of FFXIII
Chapter 12 of Bayonetta
Just started Alan Wake so I really may as well wait until I finish one of the others, then restart Alan Wake

I also just completed Fallout 3 to the point where I'm too lazy to go for anything else. I have just a couple more accomplishments to get, but I don't want to get them.

Not gonna get Starcraft until they bundle all 3 lmao. I don't want to keep buying expansions :(

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: August 02, 2010, 06:55:32 PM »
Currently playing:

Alan Wake
Left 4 Dead 2
Final Fantasy XIII
Bayonetta

This sucks, because I never know what I want to finish:

I know exactly how you feel, but it has keeped me from constantly spending money on games.

Also so far I'm digging Mass Effect, in fact I'm fairly addicted to it. Still have some sound issues, but it's better. I must say, the Mako parts are rather boring.

vladgd

« Reply #1374 on: August 04, 2010, 09:20:13 AM »
i picked up makoto, did up to mission 6, but not much else at the moment.  pretty fun thus far.  but playing blazblue is hard when i got starcraft 2...

...but i only played a single 1v1 game.

after that game i haven't played.  not because it will ruin my PERFECT 100% WIN/LOSS RATIO.  but this game is damn stressful.  now, the game i played, i did win because i wasn't fighting a terran or protoss, but i was playing the best starcraft i have played yet.  i wasn't "good" but i kept on truckin, occasionally doing something kind of sweet.  

that game WAS really fun, but jesus it stressed me out enough to where i don't want to do another one for a few days.  i feel there's a bit more to losing an rts game than a fighting game just because of time spent per match.  you lose in sf2, you wasted maby 30 seconds of your time.  you lose in an rts?  10, 20, 30 minutes, gone, a lot of the time at the super low levels, you didn't even stand a chance.  people arrive at your base with shit when you got none?  gg, but not really, you wasted your time, and lost by default.  i know theres scouting and stuff, but this ain't an easy game to get the hang of and those losses happen to me frequently.  even with that, when you are pressured, you have a million different things to do at the same time, and it's really hard trying to manage everything all the time.  (macro, building drones, making sure to spread creep tumors, overlord scouting, queen spawn larva on every hatchery every time)

BUT i just need to grow a pair and play play play, because ill only get better by playing.  even losing, even dick losses (hey you have air, i have no anti air for a while, i lose!) net you even basic experience playing the game and getting you quicker and more used to controlling everything.  plus, attrition, i have none, but i won that game because i did not quit.  the fucker had mutas when i had only two queens for anti air, and no lair to get hydras.  i ended up winning because my early pressure made him afraid to start putting the pressure on me.  

tldr for this post.  

-makoto is delicious

-to get better at starcraft, don't be a pussy, play a lot, have fun, don't worry about losing, don't worry about stats (losing = low rank = FIGHT PEOPLE AT YOUR LOW RANK LEVEL IE MORE FUN)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 09:22:25 AM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1375 on: August 04, 2010, 12:06:29 PM »
I'ma buy me some SC2 when I get the money... Not gonna be for a while yet though. I really need to play a lot as well, because I'm goddamned awful. I guess I should maybe be playing some original SC, but I don't have a real CD key, and ICCup is full of players a million times better than me, even at D level :/
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1376 on: August 05, 2010, 12:04:01 AM »
i can not play blazblue

hit any button?  COUNTER, recieve long combo

don't hit any buttin, try to block?  they get through recieve long combo.

i land a hit, don't have all my combos on muscle memory, they recover, i eat long combo.

do i have to play for 100 hours in training mode just to beat regular people or what?  because unless i pick tager and cheese 720's, i am going to lose, not only lose, but they will have 90% health, every time.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: August 05, 2010, 02:17:08 AM »
to get better at blazblue, don't be a pussy, play a lot, have fun, don't worry about losing, don't worry about stats

also work on your yomi

vladgd

« Reply #1378 on: August 05, 2010, 05:53:34 AM »
trying to learn two games at the same time is a bit of a timesink, going to have to pick one.

the one i pick is a game which doesn't punish me for hitting buttons without being a psychic.  

ill casually work on litchi combos in the meantime, because mu-12 is no character for a beginner.  

*edit*

and eggman, about that quoting me, i play at least 90 minutes of blazblue a day.  i must just be slow at this.  doing combos is fun, so that's my focus right now, going into actual games is frustrating because i can't process the fundamentals of this game yet.  i would compare my skill against other players in blazblue as i would any 3d fighter, i will do more damage closing my eyes and mashing buttons than i will actually trying.  you know, that applies to marvel too, but i played against others not much better than me the last time i played that so we all ended up having fun, not being training dummies.  

anywho, a few days ago this shit took me forever to do, now i can do it with a small amount of attempts.  

working on litchi mission 5, but i can't quite do the second combo yet.

...and you know what, ill add to this post.  

chugging along the campaign in sc2 and ive been working on some interesting missions.  read tiny text if you don't really care about spoilers 4.5/10ths through the game.

MAI GUH PROTOSS MISSIONS.  in terms of the missions themselves, i don't like playing as protoss, and im angry at missing a mission objective on a mission which took me a long time(the first one).  but, still enjoyable as it's different than the terran stuff.  LORE wise it's really interesting in how it deals with the zerg, and how the overmind isn't/wasn't a bad guy and how some entity forced him into doing bad things and whatnot, and how the overmind created kerrigan to save everybody from this impending doom them protoss have some prophecy about.  i still have another mission or two to go with that stuff i assume, but it's pretty cool stuff.  plus really neat CG videos with kerrigan and zeratul.  

i don't normally say this, but im honestly looking forward to seeing what's going to happen next.  

*ERRDR

so i did the tiny text up there for some more tiny text down here

protoss "campaign" finished.  pretty neat, though the last mission took nearly 50 minutes, and i didn't even get the final achievement.  was off by 300 kills or some shit, pretty lame considering in order to finish you have to FAIL.  it's a survive till you kill x number of dudes mission, and keep on surviving until you die.  pretty interesting, you get tons of money and high tier protoss units to fuck with...so i guess it's cool.  

after that i did the next tosh mission, requiring me to pick from tosh or nova, picked tosh due to his brodom, and the nova cameo didn't phase out the fact that she's a bitch.  

tosh = specter.  specter = ghost but better(aoe stun/almost death for small units > high damage shot to one unit.  imo).  plus he has perma cloak like a dark templar (regular specter units don't have this until you buy an upgrade, ill assume the same is with ghosts if you picked nova).  that mission was pretty cool and unique.  one of those "you have one unit go through the level" missions with a bit of a twist, mr raynor has his base building dudes that you don't control to give you backup.  thus far, my favorite mission.  tosh is just an awesome dude, it's a fun mission, and it's something really unique.  plus you get 5 nukes at the end, so let loose.  

more than half way through the campaign right now.  save for my video card nearly turning into molten lava when the cutscenes play (game runs fine, but you can hear my video card is sweating it's ass off), it's still good stuff mang.  

more, always more to add to posts.

http://www.livestream.com/sporcharliemurphy?utm_source=lsplayer&utm_medium=ui-chat&utm_campaign=sporcharliemurphy&utm_content=sporcharliemurphy

when he's streaming live, he's a really good zerg player, and the stream i watched he had some really nice rap music playing in the background. 

good rap music, good zerg play, pretty entertaining. 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 08:06:40 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: August 06, 2010, 09:30:29 PM »
Spoilers.
I don't think I can save Wrex in Mass effect. There's two options at the end of or argument, and both of them are blanked out.

Also the Mako sections are just plain unfun.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 09:45:18 PM by MortifiedocAlot »