Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 591549 times)

vladgd

Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1410 on: August 21, 2010, 02:49:53 AM »
popped in dynasty warriors 4, damn i miss this game, and im glad even though i lost my previous copy that i kept my save. 

unlocked every character and beat every mission, all co-op.  im pretty sure if you've played one dynasty warriors/dynasty warriors styled game, you've played em all, but this is a good ass game. 

repetitive?  uhh yeah, but it's a guilty pleasure of mine, and even in the two missions i played to see if my save file was up, i can see myself playing this shit again.

seriously though, i don't have level 10 weapons for every character(sun jian is the only one iirc), and im missing some items, THERES STILL MORE I CAN GET OUT OF THIS GAME!

if you can find this game cheap (i got mine at gamestop for $6), and you have a bro to play with, it's a nice time killer. 

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: August 22, 2010, 11:00:35 PM »
Spektur/Ulti, inferno is retarded hard. Beat the first stage no problemo, then I got to the second stage and there is NOT enough ammo to kill at least half these cock suckers.

Oh yeah, and I finally beat Penumbra overture. Good game, just one massive cliff hanger of an ending. Only TWO THINGS bothered me, the hallways filled with dogs being at least 70% of the game was meh, and that one part where you have to find a blank note, take it too a room with an IR light, and look at it THEN was a bit hard to figure out (even with the helpful note).

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1412 on: August 22, 2010, 11:27:35 PM »
Huh.  I've never had any issues with Inferno, even on UV.

E3M2 is a bit of a jump in difficulty from E3M1, but as long as you're careful about where you go and how many rounds you put into everyone you should have more than enough ammo to finish it up.  You definitely have to conserve at the beginning, though.

Also, if you don't have the plasma gun from E3M1, make sure you get that (i.e. at the end of the level, go back to the room where you grabbed the, IIRC, red key, and there will be a teleporter.  There is a cacodemon in that room, but make sure to either skip him or kill him with a shotgun in order to save your cells).
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: August 25, 2010, 03:32:56 AM »
 I must say, I'm not a big fan of Thief deadly shadows. The maps are basically unreadable, and it's just sort of boring to play really.

Welp, doom beaten, outside of thy flesh consumed. Pretty goddamn good game, the final boss was no were near as awesome as the cyber demon fight (the BFG makes things real simple).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 10:21:40 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #1414 on: August 28, 2010, 05:24:53 AM »
not really what im playing, but why im not playing.

http://www.bitmob.com/articles/the-greatest-reward

this article is fact.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: August 28, 2010, 02:47:59 PM »
So, uh, how do I kill the final boss of HL? His head won't open for me to kill him.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: August 28, 2010, 04:46:27 PM »
Shoot those crystals on the walls. It took me like 300 years to figure out what the fuck to do on that level as a kid. :|

K-Mann

« Reply #1417 on: August 28, 2010, 04:54:32 PM »
Yeah you gotta bust the orange crystals around there. Use the bounce pads to get a good shot with a rocket launcher or something. Or you can hide and snipe with the crossbow.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: August 28, 2010, 05:37:12 PM »
oooh, thanks.

and with that, Half Life is DONE.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 03:34:45 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

K-Mann

« Reply #1419 on: August 29, 2010, 01:18:26 PM »
CONGRATS BRO. I remember the first time I played that game. I played it when I was young, so the ending with G-Man confused me and I went out the wrong door. "NO REGRETS, MR. FREEMAN"

Finishing ODST soon because I'm gonna sell out and get Halo: Reach. Mostly because my lady friend wants to play through it with me.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: August 29, 2010, 06:03:23 PM »
Yeah, took me years (played the game to death with a friend but never beat it).

I must say, after my last time spent with MW2, I can safely say that it's a shit game. I played a game of death match on estate, and it was terrible. I spawned behind at least 5 people who had just respawned themselves and shot them. I spawned in the house and shot at least 5 different people who were just blindly rushing the house. Then one time I spawned in front of a shed, and someone was hiding in it waiting for people to spawn.

Then later on a 3 point capture map (forgot the name of it) my entire team was pushed into a corner with basically no way to counter it. The game directly after that was an HQ map, someone got a gun ship and spent a good 10 minutes bombing the shit, then once someone FINALLY stopped him he called in his tactical nuke and ended the game.

So yeah, in sort it's really unbalanced, kill streaks basically ruin objective based games, and the spawn system is beyond shitty. Glad I didn't buy it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 10:13:45 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1421 on: August 30, 2010, 10:47:17 AM »
I must say, after my last time spent with MW2, I can safely say that it's a shit game.

[...]

So yeah, in sort it's really unbalanced, kill streaks basically ruin objective based games, and the spawn system is beyond shitty. Glad I didn't buy it.

So, just like CoD4?  Yeah, not too surprising.  I always loved how the game would let you spawn on an airstrike.  There's nothing quite like a game that essentially hands people who score well an I WIN button and ensuring that there's absolutely nothing that the other team can do to break that lead.

Don't even get me started on the "story" of MW2 (I've only really played it in single player).  I can suspend my disbelief when it comes to CoD4 because it was fairly well-written, but MW2 is just absurd; probably one of the worst video game stories I've come across in the last decade.  I think the single player experience would have been better if it was just you shooting random people instead of them trying desperately (and failing miserably) to try to make any of that drivel the least bit believable.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: August 30, 2010, 03:41:18 PM »
So, just like CoD4?  Yeah, not too surprising.  I always loved how the game would let you spawn on an airstrike.  There's nothing quite like a game that essentially hands people who score well an I WIN button and ensuring that there's absolutely nothing that the other team can do to break that lead.

I'd say COD4 was definitely not as bad, but it did have it's problems. I remember someone was mocking the balance and then named my primary weapon load out, which made me laugh.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1423 on: August 30, 2010, 04:10:13 PM »
The games definitely have their issues, but I can safely say I've enjoyed about 98% of the time I've spent playing them. The only time I wasn't necessarily enjoying things was when my friend decided that we needed to play rust like, 5, 6 times in a row. I just got tired of the map.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: August 30, 2010, 07:24:48 PM »
Damn, I just don't see it as possible. I mean, I've had fun with it before, but it just seems like I've recently noticed a lot of its glaring flaws.

Oh yeah, and Doom 3 is done. Pretty fun game despite being nothing like doom or doom 2. I wish they hadn't relied SO much on jump scares, shit gets old instantly. I also wish the bosses weren't so boring, outside of the soul cube keeper boss they sucked.

Oh yeah, and I bought Other M today. I thought it had been out for a week at least, but it's coming out tomorrow.