Author Topic: watcha playin'  (Read 591565 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: watcha playin'
« Reply #1440 on: September 02, 2010, 01:45:38 AM »

HOME ALONE 2

I see your Home Alone 2 for the SNES and raise you Home Alone 2 for DOS.

Yeah.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1441 on: September 02, 2010, 07:01:45 AM »
I see your Home Alone 2 for the SNES and raise you Home Alone 2 for DOS.

Yeah.

Wow. Wow, I. Wow.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1442 on: September 02, 2010, 09:01:34 PM »
Wow. Wow, I. Wow.

Yeah, I played that game when I was a kid.  It's easy as hell (unless you don't realize that there's a jump button, like the guy in the video).

Oh well, at least the graphics look really nice compared to the console releases.  VGA FTW.

vladgd

« Reply #1443 on: September 05, 2010, 05:44:43 PM »
played some vidya...beat one?  aye aye captain!

im not a big "survival horror" guy, and this game is slightly different than the typical games in the genre, but i still played it, beat it, and enjoyed it.

fear effect.  pretty damn good game, now im playing fear effect 2.  currently on disc 1.  by disc 1, i mean i completed enough of the game to switch to disc 2, i completed enough to switch from disc 2 to...disc 1 again...yeah.

now that im in the fear effect groove, it's pretty shitty the third game got canceled.  though, there is a slim possibility of another fear effect game eventually surfacing.

Eidos still owns the name and all related rights to the Fear Effect franchise, and has said on occasion that it hasn't ruled out the possibility of ever revisiting the series, but as it currently stands there is nothing officially planned or in the works.

and from the footage ive seen of the third fear effect game, im curious to know if it was another prequel, or a sequel of the first game using the ending granted from beating the game on hard. 

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: September 07, 2010, 04:01:03 PM »
Playing through STALKER:SoC with Complete 2009, and it's turning my 8800GTS into jelly >:(

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: September 07, 2010, 05:09:31 PM »
Really? Damn, I heard it was really demanding but that's insane.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: September 07, 2010, 06:03:49 PM »
Well, it's also probably my lack of RAM, but running it maxed out really rapes my framerate, particularly in big maps like the Military Warehouses and Red Forest. I think it's mostly the new shaders and lighting effects, the Argoprom underground took my FPS to like 3 from all the flashing lights and stuff when I had my lighting/shadows quality turned up, but turning it down to medium made it run just fine. All the new textures and stuff are really nice though, and there's very few actual gameplay tweak, I'm so used to running Oblivion Lost where you get all the crazy artifacts that basically make you invincible towards the end of the game that I forgot how much of a difficulty spike there is at Red Forest/Pripyat.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1447 on: September 07, 2010, 06:57:17 PM »
Well, it's also probably my lack of RAM, but running it maxed out really rapes my framerate, particularly in big maps like the Military Warehouses and Red Forest. I think it's mostly the new shaders and lighting effects, the Argoprom underground took my FPS to like 3 from all the flashing lights and stuff when I had my lighting/shadows quality turned up, but turning it down to medium made it run just fine.

The STALKER engine is awful.  You could upgrade to a 6-core Core i7 with quad GTX 480s and it'll still find a way to lag.  STALKER:SoC lagged occasionally on my C2Q and 9800GTX when I had it without installing any fancy mods.  I don't even want to imagine what it would have been like with any mods installed.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: September 07, 2010, 08:33:00 PM »
Oh, yeah, I know, I played through Vanilla the first time. The X-Ray engine is optimized so poorly it's funny, but at least the version they used in CoP isn't nearly as buggy. Oh well, I still enjoy shootin' me some russians, despite any framerate issues.

Also: Kritzkrieg + Soldier pretty much equates to the entire enemy team wiped, multiple times. 8)

vladgd

« Reply #1449 on: September 07, 2010, 11:48:13 PM »
the lesbian content in this game reminds me of fear effect 2

I WONT COMPLAIN

but i will complain about not knowing what the fuck im doing.  it's 2010, not 2000.  i shouldn't be struggling to figure out basic things, like how i move my map, or WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO WHEN I DIE IM JUST LAYING THERE DEAD AND THEN...FUCKING NOTHING!  (you have to go into your menu, and hit a new command blended in the options called "return")

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: September 08, 2010, 04:04:03 AM »
Also: Kritzkrieg + Soldier pretty much equates to the entire enemy team wiped, multiple times. 8)

Yeah, if you have a semi compitent solider it wrecks. Same with Demo men.

and the x-ray engine is shit, stalkers modding community is sort of built around that and the fact that the game was rushed.

oh and Vlad, dat fan service.

Also I'm pleasantly surprised with how hard some bosses in Muramasa are. I switched to playing the female charecter and got to the giant wheel boss, and he's killed me like 5 different times.

Also also also how about dat Amnesia? Anyone plan on getting it? Penumbra didn't really scare me so I hope this will be scarier.

vladgd

« Reply #1451 on: September 08, 2010, 05:47:09 AM »
played and completed the shadow broker dlc

FUCKING AWESOME

talking about pretty much any of it is big goddamn spoilers.  tiny text time.

-asari spectere boss fight, FUCKING GOOD SHES CRAZY AND TELEPORTS EVERYWHERE
-the shadow broker himself, MOTHERFUCKER WILL EAT YOU
-the epic shadow broker boss fight, boss fights in this game aren't really "good", but cinematically , it was a very entertaining fight
-the liara stuff, they pretty much do the good stuff, and the romance talk is carried out good...and the fact that liara stops being a cunt, they made up for it with this dlc
-i warned you bro, i warned you about reading tiny text LIARA IS THE NEW SHADOWBROKER bro

but it keeps happening

I TOLD YOU DOG, I TOLD YOU ABOUT THAT TINY TEXT

obviously i liked it.  they didn't do anything to blatantly piss me off, sure it's not exactly original in what they did in certain parts, but i don't really care, i liked it.  only kick in the balls is the beat the dlc on hardcore or insanity achievement.  i really don't want to do some of that content on a harder difficulty, even having completed the normal game on insanity, something tells me the dlc will be harder than the hardest part in the non dlc game on hardcore or insanity.  but story wise, it's great.  want closure with liara that the normal game didn't give you?  great.  want some cool goodies after completing the dlc (party member respecs for one, anything else would probably be spoiler territory).  great.  

took me roughly two hours to complete, and costs 800 mspoints equaling $10.00 usd.  now i have to do the dlc that came out before this one, kind of missed it.  might get to it later.

one more thing one more thing

mass effect 1 asari consort.  doing the mission with her and doing the xeltan stuff, she gives you an item.  this item is needed on some random planet in the middle of nowhere not related to anything to find a prothean artifact.  it's some kind of silver orb which knocks you out and there's a lot of text to read. 

it might not be much, but i think it's really cool when YOU GET THAT ARTIFACT as a little trophy in your quarters.  it's pretty neat. 

pretty damn sure nobody who visits this site knows what the fuck i just said, but that's ok. 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 06:26:42 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: September 08, 2010, 05:31:09 PM »
Glad to hear it, I should be getting mass effect 2 soon. Also I really don't have much interest in the Witcher, I'll probably continue playing it but it's far from a high priority.

Also I'm starting to get back into SF4. Getting a new controller REALLY helped with this game. I can now play Bison and actually get off head stomps, I'm actually enjoy Able now and I don't feel as gimped.

vladgd

« Reply #1453 on: September 08, 2010, 05:52:30 PM »
i ain't really good at sf4, but bison is my best character.  

if you want to succeed with bison, you need to get his clk, clk, clk, clk, lk siscor kicks down.  i really don't have the timing down anymore, but that is a very important skill to have when using bison.  

another thing about said dlc in previous post.  they made liara cooler, and at the same time changed her physical appearance.  i personally think it looks better.  she looks more...organic?  well, more real than the previous model. 

also, speculation, but ill tiny text it anyway since i spoil some stuff.

the asari bartender on illium is probably liara's dad.  liara is a pureblood asari, matriarch aethyta had a pureblood daughter.  beating the shadow broker dlc unlocks a video archive, one of the videos is matriarch aethyta staring at a picture of liara.  plus stuff with being distant with the mother or something, i think it adds up.  im going to take it as a hint we will see more in future dlc/mass effect 3

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 06:10:31 PM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: September 08, 2010, 08:48:10 PM »
i ain't really good at sf4, but bison is my best character.  

if you want to succeed with bison, you need to get his clk, clk, clk, clk, lk siscor kicks down.  i really don't have the timing down anymore, but that is a very important skill to have when using bison.  

You mean his crouching MK into scissors? Couching MK basically combos psyco crusher and that. The only thing I have trouble with is doing jump in middle kick, crouching middle kick, and the his scissors.

Also yeah, she looks a lot less DERP then she did in the first game.