0 (0%)
Mr. Game & Watch
2 (5.3%)
Marth
2 (5.3%)
Roy
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: SUPER!! SMASH!! BROTHERRRRS!!  (Read 109126 times)

vladgd

Re: SUPER!! SMASH!! BROTHERRRRS!!
« Reply #165 on: March 10, 2008, 12:13:00 AM »
uhh i was at a friends house because i had nothing better to do...and they had brawl there, so with a GAMECUBE controller mind you i played 10 or so 4 player ffa games.

snake, carlos mencia, and game and watch are my favorites from playing.  snake just plays awesome, carlos mencia can fuck anything with that hammer, and game and watch is a rape machine.

it falls under the "you know, i enjoyed it, but FUCK THE HYPE I HATE THE GAME BECAUSE OF THE HYPE FUCK THE FANBOYS IT ISNT THE BEST FUCKING GAME SINCE SLICED BREAD SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT PLEASE"

*edit* and i almost guarantee i am the only s.net member that won't call this game amazing.  its a good slightly better looking version of melee, i give it that.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 12:27:37 AM by vladgd »

dinnerroll

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 10, 2008, 12:18:16 AM »
carlos mencia is that some amazing wordfilter i don't know about or something? rofl

yeah. got it at midnight. amazing game. I've been maining marth and pit so far, but i mix it up most of the time. olimar is a blast to play.
Quote from: Sharde
They kept pushing me around, and pushing soup and cheese on me, and laughing at me while I was freaking out.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 10, 2008, 12:24:54 AM »
I got mine this morning at the mall's GameStop. It's amazing. Meta Knight is awesome.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

vladgd

« Reply #168 on: March 10, 2008, 12:29:52 AM »
carlos mencia is that some amazing wordfilter i don't know about or something? rofl

its no word filter.  its just i hate carlos mencia because the entirety of his act is either

a- mexican jokes
b- DEDEDE  (retard jokes)

and whoever doesn't know the character i am referring too, you need to take some smart pills.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 10, 2008, 05:17:43 AM »
I'm not so hyped up about this either, Vlad. It's cool and all, but I never was a huge smash fan, I'd rather play Soul Calibur or something. However, I will admit that it still is pretty damn awesome.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 10, 2008, 10:22:49 AM »
its no word filter.  its just i hate carlos mencia because the entirety of his act is either

I wish I saved that picture of king Dedede's body shooped with Mencias head. Also I can't get a decent hold of Olimar, he seems like an awesome charecter in 1 on 1, but other then that he gets pushed around easily.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #171 on: March 10, 2008, 01:00:13 PM »
I'm not so hyped up about this either, Vlad. It's cool and all, but I never was a huge smash fan, I'd rather play Soul Calibur or something. However, I will admit that it still is pretty damn awesome.

Ugh, I find the Soul Calibur games to be way too unbalanced.

It felt slower to me playing as Ike, but when I play meta knight it feels just as fast if not faster. It also feels A LOT more balanced out. So shall we finally trade up sum friend codes for the online? Also from waht I've played, it seems pretty lag free.

That's awesome. I kinda like the idea of it being a bit slower, and more involved. I can't stand when I pwn everyone without trying because they don't seem to grasp the concept of actually playing, instead of mashing buttons like mad.

I'm a big smash fan, but I'm kinda annoyed with the huge hype. I hate when games get over-hyped (halo series anyone?) Sure, they're good games, great games, and will probably be fun a long time after the rest of the games for the system are lame, and not fun, but that doesn't mean that we need fanboys saying it's going to be the greatest game on earth ever.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #172 on: March 10, 2008, 06:23:33 PM »
Ugh, I find the Soul Calibur games to be way too unbalanced.

so you like the smash series, but don't like soul calibur because it's unbalanced? 

in case you haven't known, the smash series isn't exactly balanced either.

*edited to have a lesser chance of shitstorm*
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 06:31:48 PM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 10, 2008, 10:28:09 PM »
Actually, Brawl's pretty much perfectly balanced at this point. I can't see a single character totally dominating tournaments like Fox used to. SC3 was completely broken in 1000 different places.

Brawl is basically the most content-packed, over-the-top, most balanced, most fun fighting/party game ever. It doesn't matter what hype it's gotten, it's the truth.

flaffl

• KOREA MEMBER ^_^ FUNNI KEKEKEKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 11, 2008, 12:41:34 AM »
Captain Falcon will kill you all.

Don't come close to his falcon punch bitches. God knows what will happen.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 12:45:19 AM by flaffl »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #175 on: March 11, 2008, 11:29:07 AM »

I'll admit that it's not balanced either, but you have to be a really good player to take advantage of some of the unbalanced aspects of Smash. Even if someone chose the best character to use against me in a given situation, they need to be pretty much as good as I am to have much of a chance of winning. Not so in Soul Calibur.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 11, 2008, 03:00:12 PM »
so you like the smash series, but don't like soul calibur because it's unbalanced? 

Melee was meh, 64 was basically broken, and brawl does a decent job with it. You really need to work hard with a fast charecter now, and slower characters are actually given enough strength to compensate for their lack of speed.

vladgd

« Reply #177 on: March 11, 2008, 07:11:12 PM »
by soul calibur, i hope you mean soul calibur 3.  sc3 wasn't ballanced for the console version(FUCK YOU SETSUKA), but sc2(xbox) felt just fine.

anyway, this isn't an "ZOMG SMASH BURS IS MRR BLANCD THAN KALEBUR" thread.  and while i don't exactly agree on brawl being ballanced, its still entertaining.  (this is my cue to quit talking about the subject, we have enough offtopic threads as is.)

managed to play the subspace thing up to around 30something percent, wasn't TOO bad, but since i haven't got to snake yet, there wasn't much too exciting in it.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 07:33:48 PM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 11, 2008, 07:18:18 PM »
How can you not agree on Brawl being balanced? Put some points forward. What was broken to you? Honestly, I think it's obvious that it's MUCH more balanced simply by example. The Japanese can't even decide on tiers for any of the characters because there's no real clear-cut character who's better or worse now.

How was 64 broken anyway? I really just played with a few friends so I never saw any of the tournament scene for it but from what I remember playing, I can't remember dominating with anyone overall (aside from Ness but I most definitely used him more than anyone else).

vladgd

« Reply #179 on: March 11, 2008, 07:37:10 PM »
why even say anything? it's not going to change your point of view anyway, and im not getting into a silly argument about this game.