0 (0%)
Mr. Game & Watch
2 (5.3%)
Marth
2 (5.3%)
Roy
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: SUPER!! SMASH!! BROTHERRRRS!!  (Read 109112 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: SUPER!! SMASH!! BROTHERRRRS!!
« Reply #195 on: March 14, 2008, 09:07:57 AM »
Lol, most people can't KO me sub-180% anyway. I seem to be lucky/good at recovering with marth to the point where you need more than 180% to hit me far enough to kill me :/
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 14, 2008, 02:42:55 PM »
i guess thats about it, having a little fun with the game before it gets boring

Impossible.

R.O.B. is an old NES toy that had two games. Neither was very good. However, ROB did manage to get people to buy the NES so I suppose you can thank him for allowing Nintendo to do well.

I am absolutely amazed by the amount of hate the game gets. It's like, anti-fanboyism at its worst. I swear to god if I hear one more comment on random sites about how blah blah blah the game is unbalanced blah blah blah not innovative blah blah same old same old I will flip out. There are so many non-points with people just stating "game sucks or blah is repetitive" (all games are repetitive at their base. If you fixate on that, yeah, anything will feel that way retards) or "isn't that great," and then, if you try to actually ask them nicely to explain, you get nothing. They get all offended that you dare ask them for their opinion, which doesn't actually exist because none of them actually even own the game.

Ugh. Seriously, we never had this problem before the X-box generation. Pisses me the hell off.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #197 on: March 14, 2008, 05:17:02 PM »
I think it's because everyone's expectations have been made so high that nothing really manages to reach them. There's so much hype that some people hate on things because of the hype, or expect so much more, because of the hype.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #198 on: March 14, 2008, 07:14:38 PM »
...or it's just that people are so set in their ways that any change causes them to flip out.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 14, 2008, 07:42:36 PM »
...or it's just that people are so set in their ways that any change causes them to flip out.

Yup, like the whole tripping thing. People have been freaking out and saying "NOT WORTHY OF TOURNAMENT PLAY, THIS RUINS EVERYTHING" when it really does little. Plus recovering from a trip isn't hard to do, just one more thing to watch out for in a game that's mostly chaos.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 14, 2008, 08:13:38 PM »
Tripping isn't even totally random. It usually only happens when you try to change directions really quickly, which makes sense. That's something that SHOULD happen. Hell, stumbling would be an interesting addition to a LOT of fighting games as it would force you to think about inertia and the weight of who you're using.

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 14, 2008, 08:18:28 PM »
So uh, Metaknight's B up blows.

Just saying.

vladgd

« Reply #202 on: March 14, 2008, 08:47:54 PM »
uhh, eggman.  if you think anything i have said towards the game counts as "hate" you ARE a nintendo fanboy.  i clearly stated i like the game, why else would i fucking play it?   

yes, i see you like the game like i enjoy mass effect, but i didn't flip out when you called the story

I loved the game at first but a lot of the design flaws stick out at me now and I thought the story was lame.

size 1'd incase i misunderstood the post i was reading

and the game gets a lot of hate because people are fucking sick of hearing "ZOMG DID YOU PLAY BRAWL, ITS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE, ILL SLIT YOUR THROAT IF YOU DON'T SHARE MY OPINION" its the same with every game with that much hype.  if you are a /v/irgin, and you aren't hyped/werent hyped for the game, you kind of get sick of seeing most of every thread on /v/ being brawl threads, and the threads that aren't brawl, comprised of tf2. 

anyway

RAAAAAGE and game and watch
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 08:49:56 PM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 14, 2008, 10:04:38 PM »
Wasn't really talking about you with that. Go read through comments on kotaku for some ridiculousness.

Why does hype do anything to you? Who cares if people talk about it? I don't see how that has any bearing whatsoever on game enjoyment. People made/make Portal jokes CONSTANTLY but you still see people going OMGOMGOMG PORTAL GREATEST GAME OF LAST YEAR. Do I really care? No.

The whole gaming community in general focuses way too much on marketing, whether they hate the amount or only pay attention to games that receive copious amounts.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 14, 2008, 11:29:08 PM »
Someone described Brawl as a "party game with fighting game aesthetics." As if that's not what the entire series was. That's why it's fun. I'm not a huge fan of the fighting game genre, but I love the gameplay in SSB.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 15, 2008, 01:39:17 AM »
So uh, Metaknight blows.

Just saying.

Fix'd.

if you are a /v/irgin, and you aren't hyped/werent hyped for the game, you kind of get sick of seeing most of every thread on /v/ being brawl threads, and the threads that aren't brawl, comprised of tf2. 

It's either a brawl thread, a TF2/gay thread, or a pokemon/girl thread. I still really need to buy TF2.

Someone described Brawl as a "party game with fighting game aesthetics." As if that's not what the entire series was. That's why it's fun. I'm not a huge fan of the fighting game genre, but I love the gameplay in SSB.

This is because of that whole "lol no complex buttan combos shitsux" when really it's all about timing, and you still have to know all of your characters moves in order to be effective at all. Plus I really doubt their's another fighting game that's as hectic as brawl. Also add me, I added you :3.

I.

can't.

stop.

playing.

AHAHGUAHGUHAUUGHHH. O__O

Anyone up for some versus? =x

<33333333333 Toon Link. Forever.

Poast your friend code faget.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #206 on: March 15, 2008, 09:36:55 AM »
This is because of that whole "lol no complex buttan combos shitsux" when really it's all about timing, and you still have to know all of your characters moves in order to be effective at all. Plus I really doubt their's another fighting game that's as hectic as brawl.

Finally. Most people expect to be able to button mash in the Smash Bros games and do well, but coming from experience playing fairly seriously, that is definitely not the case.  I suck ASS with slow characters, because I can't time their moves right. I know their move sets, but I just can't time anything right because I'm too used to quick characters.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #207 on: March 15, 2008, 05:26:57 PM »
1246-8401-9912

Also, Snake is the worst character ever :(

oh yeah i have all of the stages and characters and shit, now i'm just trying to break all of the windows.  Working on Target Tests at the moment... then it's on to Events which are cool (except for the like five shitty assed ones so far I had to complete in Normal difficulty), then I'll probably finish all of the things I missed in SSE, and then it's Classic, All-Star, Boss Battle, and Multi-Man Brawl, none of which I'm looking forward to that much.

Shoop Da Whoop

• errday im huslin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 15, 2008, 07:39:37 PM »
Olimar  is badass guys

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 15, 2008, 08:22:52 PM »
I'm going for the soundtrack now, then the trophies.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}