Author Topic: This fills me with furious angry rage.  (Read 54642 times)

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
Re: This fills me with furious angry rage.
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2007, 02:07:48 PM »
but we're alive because we get to go heaven when we die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no religious flamebait plox

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2007, 02:24:31 PM »
I don't mind a religious aspect to the conversation, as long as we keep things going the way they are right now. Zak has quite a few good points.

I see your point that a number of us can die and the race can still continue, but really, I simlpy believe that I should do my part and reproduce, it's almost a moral issue with me. The same conscience that tells me what's right and wrong also says that to not continue the race is wrong, and I agree. I see your points, and at this point, I don't have much to say to rebut them. I believe in choice about everything, so you can chose not to. I may tell you I believe it's wrong, but that's because as a human, I get the urge to make people see things the way I do, and hopefully have them agree with me. It's just what we do. I'm not sure how much more I can really say on this, unless someone introduces more ideas into the discussion.

And you know what Zak, maybe I will cease to exist and therefore not care a whit about the future, my children, or anything else, but at this point, I don't care what I'll be thinking in the future, I care about what I feel now.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2007, 03:56:54 PM »
That's cool. I mean, we all have choice over what we want to do, and that's the greatest beauty of all.

but we're alive because we get to go heaven when we die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I laughed my ass off when I read this. For more than one reason.... >.>

Oh, and ultimate, you can have your thread about comcast shafting its customers back now.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 04:00:47 PM by Zakamiro »

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2007, 04:38:50 PM »
Haha, shafting. IT ALL RELATES!!11one

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2007, 05:29:48 PM »
I agree. Not having kids is pretty much a waste, if you ask me. I mean, what else is there to do in life, honestly. Unless you plan to make some super important lasting contribution to the universe, and the odds of that are pretty much nil, how else are people going to remember you existed 50 years from now?

But what if you're gay?

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2007, 05:31:41 PM »
Obvious exception. I was even going to mention that, but decided it would be a moot point.

Kuroneko

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2007, 11:58:08 PM »
how else are people going to remember you existed 50 years from now?
Put on a white wig and write the constitution, or shave off all of your mustache, except just under your nose, and try to take over the world.  Or, organize a large scale attack on a country too overall self-centered to see it coming.  oh shit did you see what I did there

also, building phallic, incredibly tall steel towers and naming them all after yourself helps too

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2007, 01:25:43 AM »
also, building phallic, incredibly tall steel towers and naming them all after yourself helps too

This sounds like the best of the ideas.

Malwyn

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2007, 06:01:31 AM »

http://www.vhemt.org/

So anyway- as I see it, the human race isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Breeding less will probably wipe us out less than breeding more (you know how we cull animals? Culling humans tends to be illegal as far as I'm aware).

If you want to breed just so you'll be remembered, consider this- who the fuck knows jiggery squat about their ancestors? If you're lucky, you'll be whittled down to nothing more than a hunk of rock, dust, and a name. THAT'S your legacy. Your genes aren't special, there are quite a couple of billion other people who carry similar pairs. You'd be better off being remembered by writing a shitty book, inventing some ridiculously FAIL net-nanny-esque software or finally getting across to people that while the atkins diet does work, it can also kill you.

There are homosexuals and sterile folker and people who just plain hate kids/sex or love getting abortions. These people aren't LESS human by their choices or circumstances, on the contrary- what makes humans considerably different from the other mammals that waddle around and shit on the floor is that we usually have an option as to whether or not we follow our inherent cravings. This doesn't happen most of the time (you re-elected Bush for chrissakes), but it's there.

And if we are going to jump back to a biological argument, think about some natural selection: look at the increasing trend of people you see on the street. Chavs, bogans, wiggers, emos, emofags, bogan-emos, hicks, rednecks, jews and other awful characters. You want THEIR genetic material in the human race? "Everybody quick! Breed! China's outnumbering us and they're spooky and got small peenies!" is a surefire way to get us to devolve into something akin to the common canetoad.

I propose a better solution to keep the human race from annihilating itself is to reproduce less and think more. A generation of idiots under Jamster's rule does not bode well for the earth of tomorrow, or indeed, ten thousand years in the future.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2007, 12:48:20 PM »
You really think that these trends will have much effect on ten thousand years in the future? Hell no, but I'd rather be remembered as a name on a piece of paper tracing someone's family back rather than some random tombstone that 2 or 3 people ever cared to see. In ten thousand years the human race may well evolve physically, and scientifically. Compare our science to that of the romans only two thousand years ago. In ten thousand years, the human race has the potential to do things that we could never dream of, and I mean that in the exact way it's said. We could never ever think of what they might invent, because it will be so far beyond what we know that we'll look like cave men to them. They may well find a way to unite the world, stop war, and colonize space. They may learn some of the secrets of the universe that we've been wondering about for thousands of years. Look at china. They're one of the most crowded countries on earth, and yet they still manage to survive, more or less, despite the extreme population density. If the US were to become as dense as china, they would have over a billion people living there, but china is ranked 71 in the list of countries by population density, so there are quite a few countries denser than china, and you don't hear about the overcrowding in those countries. Sure, industrialized countries can not support as many people as less industrialized countries, but in ten thousand years, the human race will likely have eliminated industrialization, and will likely have unified the world technologically at least.

The whole point is that ten thousand years is so far in the future the problems of today are likely not going to have much effect on it, and they'll likely be seen as simple trends on a chart, if they are even known of. If the world overcrowds, we'll die out until things become balanced again, and that'll be that.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2007, 06:25:37 PM »
Oh god, serious debate. Also, tox, wtf's a bogan.

Kulli

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2007, 07:43:26 PM »
Ah, so something completely unapplicable to life in the United States, got it. I knew what chavs were, and I was proud of myself for that, because I was fairly certain that was a mostly British ailment.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2007, 01:08:18 AM »
Gah, the top 2 require you to pretty much be aussie or kiwi to understand them, at least the third is easy to read, explains it to outsiders (the point of WRITING a description there!) and does it in WAY less words.

Also, the top chav definition, made me realize that most of the idiots I've been seeing at school before emo came around were pretty much canadian chavs :/ Disrespectful morons who think they're the shit, who pretty much fall under everything else except the ball caps and car fixation (well, maybe they did wear the caps, but not in school, thanks to the uniform)
Just before emo came into popularity, the grade 9s were pretty much the canadian chav.. :(
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 01:16:55 AM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2007, 01:52:56 AM »
Oh god, serious debate. Also, tox, wtf's a bogan.

That's Tox? Also I'm only having kids if I find the "right person" and she actually wants to, other then that I see no reason to have kids.