Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 4159 times)

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
Facebook
« on: September 25, 2008, 10:09:26 PM »
This will start out as a specific Facebook discussion thread but it will blossom out into general discussion...I didn't know if I should put it elsewhere so I just put it here instead.

I have a group in the My Heroes Ability application called Cosmic Regulation Administration of Power (C.R.A.P., took 2 minutes to come up with something) and I only have 4 members...all you have to do is add the app and request to join, I'll accept if I know who you are/if I feel like it and we'll have fun. BTW I just recieved Memory Manipulation so I can now use my ability to help friends level up faster.

As the general discussion it will be about facebook (in general).  I didn't see a thread about it so I figured what the heck, I'll make one.  Facebook has recently been undergoing some changes and some of them are good, some of them are bad...I like it a little better since it loads faster for me but I also like the old layout...discuss please.
New updates for the pack Calamitous Strike posted here in my sig...also no PM's about BG's/BN's yet...I still need art for my songs.

Update: 9/28/08--Added expert difficulties for some songs and a hard difficulty
           9/30/08--Changed reasoning for song pack and added a few songs to Not Started
           10/5/08--Finished AA and have keyboard steps in the second parentheses
           10/14/08--Finished Do It Like We Do and working on a few new ones

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Facebook
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 10:23:02 PM »
Yeah, I don't like the fact that it's hard as hell to locate some of the things I actually used (like actually finding my wall) and such. I never cared about the stupid feed of what other people are doing. I do like the responsiveness and overall aesthetic of the new facebook, but the functionality of the old one was better in my opinion.

I'm not much of a facebook addict though. I am generally opposed to those things (I absolutely refused to ever make a myspace, and if I do, someone is authorized to kill me, because I've obviously gone insane), but lately I've found that facebook is a great way to keep in contact with people I haven't talked to in a while, or who have very limited access to the internet (one of my friends in college doesn't have access to the net except through computers at the college library, or leaching wireless from banks and such).
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 10:30:45 PM »
I use Facebook to keep in contact with my friends back at home. I got a bunch of stupid apps, but I've removed a lot of them. I keep the Super Wall, but it's hidden and I don't get notified about it. Otherwise, whenever someone would send me something on Super Wall, it would count as a Super Wall invite that I couldn't get rid of.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 08:43:08 AM »
Yeah, that superwall crap is really annoying. As I said, it is actually pretty useful for keeping in contact with some people, especially people who are never on msn or don't have regular access to a computer. Plus, unlike myspace, it actually has a decent layout (even the new layout isn't as disgusting as most myspace pages).

I like some of the apps, but most of them are stupid. (I'm a fan of the what serial killer are you, and what beer are you apps, but not many more.)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

flaffl

• KOREA MEMBER ^_^ FUNNI KEKEKEKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 05:20:07 PM »
Facebook is my life.

If Facebook didn't exist, I'd have nothing to do on my Friday nights.

;_______________________________________;

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 06:21:23 PM »
I like how when I remove an app, I get at least one invitation to re add it from one of the stupid fucks at my school who I'm not really acquainted or friends with but they added me anyway.

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=611197523&ref=name ;_;

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 07:10:16 PM »
Yeah, once I got to college, I removed everyone from high school who either wasn't a real friend or wasn't in any of my AP classes. My friend list went from 162 to 42.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 07:19:58 PM »
And you're supposed to be "cold"? I have 52 friends, and half of them are people I barely know/know through other people and never talk to/never talk to any more for various reasons.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 07:30:45 PM »
Well, now I have my entire clarinet section and a few people from my hall, which brought the list up to 63.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)