Author Topic: Life + Jobs + Projects  (Read 8305 times)

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
Life + Jobs + Projects
« on: October 20, 2008, 01:07:54 AM »
This thread is about things like where you work and what you are working on in your free time...post as it changes, whenever you feel like or what ever you want.

Life:  I think my life is going pretty well.  I am in college and have excellent grades, I have great health and pretty much everything else is good with me for now.

Job: I work at Giant Food Stores in both the Grocery and Dairy sections.  In Grocery I have to change the endcaps and out "wall of value" every friday and saturday.  Any other day I'm working grocery is boring as hell.  Dairy I have to fill the milk, eggs, juice, iced tea, butter, cheese, etc. and I never really run out of things to do with Dairy.  So I like Dairy much more than I like Grocery because I get to keep doing things while I work...I don't mind not having to do anything but that pretty much defeats the purpose as to why I was hired.

Projects:  The have a few projects in motion right now.  My first and foremost is my SM/MGD3 project Calamitous Strike which is going to be completely solo with the exception of art contributed by my friends.  So far the pack consist of 15-18 songs but it is growing still.  My second project that I'm working on is getting an instruction manual created for my mom because I have a SNES emulator and she has no idea how to work it so I gotta spend sometime making screenshots and instruction guides for all like 150 games I have for it.  I haven't even began on that yet because my game library is still growing and I have to test the roms to make sure they work.

So how about the rest of you...what are you guys up to?
New updates for the pack Calamitous Strike posted here in my sig...also no PM's about BG's/BN's yet...I still need art for my songs.

Update: 9/28/08--Added expert difficulties for some songs and a hard difficulty
           9/30/08--Changed reasoning for song pack and added a few songs to Not Started
           10/5/08--Finished AA and have keyboard steps in the second parentheses
           10/14/08--Finished Do It Like We Do and working on a few new ones

cristian989

• View Profile
Re: Life + Jobs + Projects
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 02:45:42 AM »
Sweet thread.

Life:  In the process of applying to graduate school for Fall 2009 year.  Gained weight due to office job + lack of any exercise.

Job:  Work at Pearson as project assistant.  Pay is ok, job is tolerable.

Projects:  Working on my DJ skillz (or the lack there of).  Building up a vinyl collection (not related to DJing).  Make a spreadsheet to track my DVDs (I've been THIS close to buying duplicate DVDs).  Complete Metroid Prime (I've been playing off and on for about 6 months now).  Overall tho, just completing the graduate school application process is a project in-itself.

vladgd

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 02:53:24 AM »
life:  in a semi limbo state, need to figure out what id like to do, then look at college classes for said thing

job:  little caesers.  easy job, i work with friends, it isn't bad.

projects: making money at the job, staying happy, always avoiding stress.  life is good.  as for any real project, nothing comes to mind.  work, game, friends, work, friends, game, sleep, don't sleep, nothing exciting.  well actually, i finished the part selection for my future PC, so i guess that in itself is a project.  looks pretty damn good to me.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 03:34:41 AM »
Pretty good lately. I've been able to hang with a few friends and shoot the shit, along with getting some progress done on my school project. I did JUST learn that a friend of mine was going into the Navy, which is kind of a bummer.

As for work, not doing any currently.

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 11:01:39 AM »
Sweet thread.

thank you.

and btw, If anyone wants me to send them some roms for the SNES you can just PM me because I really do have like over 100 including Earthbound, Super Mario All Stars, Kirby Superstar, the (at least to me) unheard of Super Mario RPG, and other great games that people like. One last one I gotta mention, ok 3, Zombies ate my Neighbors, Phalanx, and Zelda a link to the past.
New updates for the pack Calamitous Strike posted here in my sig...also no PM's about BG's/BN's yet...I still need art for my songs.

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 02:27:45 PM »
Life is going PRETTY GOOD I guess.

I don't have a job, but may try and get one eventually.  Maybe in the summer.

Trying to make some music but failing.

Leorina do you have the one Star Fox 2 ROM that was completely translated to English and "finished" by the Aeon Genesis Translation Project?

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 02:44:00 PM »
GOD...no, I have Star Fox and Star Fox Battle sumthin or other.  I really want to find SF2 though...don't worry, if I find it you'll be the first to get a link for it.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 03:07:50 PM »
Life: A little hectic at the moment, I'm in my first semester of the Electrical Engineering Technician course at Georgian College. Pretty fun course, but I'm still getting adjusted to going to school again, since I took a year off after highschool, and my last year of highschool was a giant joke.

Job: Just lost the last one I had (it was seasonal). I worked security at a nearby trailer park/campground. Now I need to look for another job :/

Projects: nothing right now. I'd love to either start some little electronics projects, or some programming project, or try to get back into making music, or learn to DJ. But most of those cost money, and they all take time, which I really find hard to give up the bit of actual free time I have (I don't count time spent on a project as "free time" like I do playing games or something).
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Skorpion9x

• Om nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 03:13:47 PM »
Life: sucks.

Job: I work at a USPS remote encoding center, but it's closing in November so I'm getting really shitty hours now as the time draws near, and I'll have to look for a new job very soon.

Projects: none.

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 04:02:26 PM »
Life: decidedly alright. Good friends, good relationship-type thing, I just wish I could make it to more ITG events and get that "Vyhd^3" shirt from Lightning. :V I'm also starting computer science at YSU, and taking core classes + Programming/Problem Solving. That's a bit of a joke, but not really a waste.

Job: None, yet. Looking for one, albeit half-heartedly because I can't commute off campus for one.

Projects: too many to count. Most notably, OpenITG and a currently unnamed USB I/O board intended for StepMania usage, still in schematics designing.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 04:51:53 AM »
Life: Getting out of a bit of a slump, mentally and financially. My best buddy left for the Air Force on 9/23, so I had that to deal with.. I plan on returning to college next august or so at ASU.  I attended a local community college, but it wasn't for me. I'm headed to get my BS in Computer Information Systems.

Job: Right this second? None. But I'm in talks with the store manager at my local Fry's [Kroger to you easterners]. I've worked there before for almost a year, so if they have a position, I'm pretty much guaranteed it. In fact I know they do, so it's a matter of time. I'll most likely be working within the next 2 weeks full time.

Projects: Fixing my computer. Not much else, really. I don't think I'm a 'project-y' kind of person, unless its something that needs attention. The projects I'd like to start/work on cost money, which I don't have at the moment.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Kulli

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 08:59:02 AM »
Life: To quote Superbad, "Fuck my life."

Job: Currently unemployed; I am also unemployable due to various reasons

Projects: Look for a graphic arts program to get into for next year. I should be getting my GED next year, so maybe I should look for a college to get better (I'm also out of practice :/)

for those who don't know, I'm 16 atm

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 08:35:35 PM »
Life: Can't complain. Friends, good grades/classes, etc. Still dealing with the lack of a relationship but it's okay I guess.

Job: Research Interviewer at Nielsen Media Research (the company Spec came down here to train for and ended up quitting :P) Pay is great, easy job, flexible hours, work with friends. Sweet.

Projects: I have about a million bazillion games I need to complete. I have no idea how I'll find the time to finish them. Also, need to update my massive coin database, which hasn't been updated in a year or so.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2008, 09:44:51 PM »
As an update for my Projects:

I've currently stopped making my stepfiles because of being way to busy with school, studying, work, and playing other games.  However, I will resume after a short time so no worries to those who are hoping for my files: Annon (i think), Spectere (one of my testers).

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 04:52:39 AM »
I THINK I WILL PARTICIPATE

Life: Aight.  I'm a pretty positive person so it takes quite a bit to bring me down.

Job: Looking for a job (hey, it's like a full time job in itself, amirite?).  Sucks.

Projects: Two big ones: first being a new launcher for Mungyodance 3.  It'll be a complete redesign and rewrite compared to the original that AJ threw together (and I wound up maintaining) and will work more betterishly.  The second project is a Son of Rust simfile pack that pyroko and I are working on.  The two of us are stepping SoR's entire Six Years of Gene Therapy album (13 tracks) to, hopefully, be released as a Mungyodance 3 expansion pack.

As usual, I also have an assortment of smaller projects, such as foomote2000, a VB.NET app (since I haven't written any Visual Basic for a while and am trying to sharpen myself up again) to remotely control foobar2000 with foo_controlserver installed.  The most difficult part about it is how damn flexible foo_controlserver is.  It's hard as hell to write anything for it because you can totally transform what the server spits out.  Highly annoying.  I've also been stepping through NeHe's OpenGL tutorials.  I've been stepping through them in C++ to basically learn the API, but I'll be able to easily migrate to C# + SDL.NET + Tao.OpenGl from there since Tao.OpenGl gives you insanely direct access.  My current objective is to write a program that'll parse an ASCII file with a list of points and draw the triangles to the screen after I learn to light polys.  Shouldn't be too hard.

I do have one recently completed project: a step file for Mindless Self Indulgence's "Never Wanted To Dance," complete with video.  I'm trying to get that included in a MGD3 expansion.  Pad chart = quite fun.  I'm kinda sick of being known as that guy who writes incredibly hard and/or stupid step charts.
"This is a machine for making cows."