Author Topic: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010  (Read 567113 times)

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
Re: THE MOST LAMEST THREAD OF 2010
« Reply #1215 on: November 29, 2010, 11:52:20 PM »
Re:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 11:57:05 PM by Alice »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: November 30, 2010, 02:17:11 AM »
You know, I'm for the concept of (the whole "women are equal to men" thing) feminism but there are too many goddamn crazy feminists.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 04:59:58 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1217 on: December 01, 2010, 12:36:55 AM »
I just rigged together a simple 2-bit adder in Minecraft.  Now I feel somewhat white and nerdy.

Here's some screenies (click to enlarge):

It's probably more complicated than it needs to be and it's kind of messy because I didn't plan anything (design plan: "hmm, let's make something that can add 3+3...GO GO GO"), but hey, it works.  It was a nice introduction to redstone.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1218 on: December 01, 2010, 03:24:26 AM »
That is quite a bit more messy than it needs to be. I've got a 1bit adder set up in one of my worlds. What really gets interesting is when you try to make a proper circuit that does something useful (like say, set all the right turns in your rail system so you can select a destination)
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: December 01, 2010, 03:27:25 AM »
there are too many goddamn crazy feminists.

They're a vocal minority, like militant atheists and evangelical Christians. They make the entire movement look way crazier than it actually is, and that makes everything suck pretty hard.

This woman in particular actually does fit the description of "feminazi" since she seems to think all men should stay out of the Female Master Race. And fuck, the first comment says that calling the gay/trans community LGBT is "steeped phallocentrism" (despite the fact that LGBT, as an acronym, represents men and women in equal parts) because it acknowledges that *gasp* males exist too.

It must be tiring to actively hate most of the world for irrelevant reasons.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 04:36:43 AM by annon »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1220 on: December 01, 2010, 04:17:29 AM »
That is quite a bit more messy than it needs to be.
and it's kind of messy because I didn't plan anything

One step ahead of you.

Most of the complication arose from me forgetting about various things.  For instance, I wasn't handling carry properly on the bit 1 adders, so certain combinations would give improper result.  This is one of the reasons why I have 5-block high staircases and a bunch of gates sticking out of the back of the "machine."

All in all, this could have been made smaller and neater if I had planned it, but like I said, I didn't plan it at all.  I literally threw together one adder, made sure it worked, then threw another one in.  The carry logic, particularly for result bit 2, is probably more complex than it needs to be.

But, again, it works fine, and that was the sole objective.  Considering it's my first redstone machine ever, I don't think it's too hideous.  I can work on making a better adder another time, and I probably will.

I've got a 1bit adder set up in one of my worlds. What really gets interesting is when you try to make a proper circuit that does something useful (like say, set all the right turns in your rail system so you can select a destination)

Yeah, I was kind of inspired to mess with redstone when I saw a video of someone who set up an elaborate subway system.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1221 on: December 01, 2010, 04:32:10 AM »
Probably the one I was thinking of when I write that, and I was agreeing with you when I made that post. I made mine look very close to what a 1 bit adder with carry out would look like on paper, but that's because I could design one of those in my sleep. I actually had installed some special software (same stuff that is used for designing the logic/functions of FPGAs, and such, very advanced stuff) because I wanted to design and test the logic before I made anything complex with redstone (and I didn't want to deal with the shitty redstone simulator that seems to be so common, because the program I had could create a completely simplified logic chart out of a functional description of how I wanted it to work). I could basically write a program in the language, and have that program synthesize the logic required to make my program work.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1222 on: December 01, 2010, 11:02:05 AM »
Just out of curiosity, what software did you use to plan out the logic?  I mainly ask because the redstone simulator is kind of an abomination, really.  I tried to use it once before and found that it was a pain in the ass just to visualize a chain of repeaters.  It's literally easier to just jump into Minecraft and throw blocks around.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1223 on: December 01, 2010, 11:43:40 AM »
Its called Quartus II, but I had to LEGITIMATELY ACQUIRE it... There is one called Logic Friday I use for small stuff. Quartus is a MASSIVE program (try something like 13 GB... an no build in logic simulation capabilities.) Logic Friday can lay stuff out as a diagram, or build one from either a truth table, or a logic function, and can simulate and simplify as well, it's just kinda clunky and unprofessional, but its free.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1224 on: December 01, 2010, 12:59:12 PM »
I'd probably go with Logic Friday if anything.  No sense installing something massive on my computer just to dick with a Minecraft feature, after all. :p  Thanks for the link.

I also found a couple more via Google -- Logisim and CEDAR Logic Simulator.  I'll probably try all three and work out which one I like better.

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #1225 on: December 01, 2010, 01:54:36 PM »
I've seen this Minecraft business pop up a lot lately and I have no idea what it is. Someone care to enlighten me?

PS did anyone know that Marshall Mathers made a short cartoon series based on himself as Eminem? If you couldn't guess, it was a pile of shit.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: December 01, 2010, 02:30:54 PM »
Imagine if Garry's Mod got a graphics downgrade and as a tradeoff you were allowed to take apart everything in the world including the world itself and build whatever you wanted out of the remains.

Also Spec, I used Logism for my computer architecture course last semester. On Windows it runs pretty well, but the GUI tends to freak out a bit on Linux OS's. Still, it's really easy to build digital circuits in it, so it's a nice little program to have.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 02:46:07 PM by annon »

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1227 on: December 01, 2010, 02:48:11 PM »
I've seen this Minecraft business pop up a lot lately and I have no idea what it is. Someone care to enlighten me?

minecraftwiki.net

Imagine if Garry's Mod got a graphics downgrade and as a tradeoff you were allowed to take apart everything in the world including the world itself and build whatever you wanted out of the remains.

You forgot that unless you set the game to peaceful, you get to deal with monsters that want to kill you when it gets dark out (or anywhere that is too dark, really)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: December 01, 2010, 03:05:47 PM »
Oh yeah, you get attacked by spiders and cows and stuff like that. I learned that the hard way when I first played and decided to see how far down I could dig a cave.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1229 on: December 01, 2010, 03:18:01 PM »
Bah, cows don't attack (they give you leather to make armor, when you kill them), and spiders aren't that dangerous. The damned creepers are what you want to watch out for. They seem to find a lot of amusement in turning you into nothing more than a small hole in the ground. And skeletons like to turn you into a pincushion... Oh yeah, and now that "hell" exists, there are some ghosts that throw fireballs at you...

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x