Author Topic: You couldn't ask for a lamer topic!  (Read 256789 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: You couldn't ask for a lamer topic!
« Reply #585 on: April 16, 2015, 02:28:50 AM »
Since I mostly grab stuff like stouts, belgian ales, imperial porters, dopplebocks, etc. I drink most of my beer at room temp. I rarely ever bother cooling stuff unless it's cheap beer that'll taste like ass if I don't.

If you want hair on your chest find a beer with more than 10% alcohol. I stumbled upon http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/bush-pilot-norseman/259661/

14.5% abv Eisbock. I was expecting it to taste pretty bad (I just bought it because it was the first beer I've seen that's actually above 10%), but it's actually pretty good. I find that at around 8% abv and up there's a chance that the flavor of a beer doesn't always cover the alcohol well, but that one was surprisingly drinkable. Plus, 1 bottle of that Norseman (750ml, 14.5%) is damn near 6 beers worth of alcohol in one bottle.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 16, 2015, 01:57:08 PM »
(looks to see if spam bots are gone)
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 16, 2015, 11:59:18 PM »
I have been postponing this for too long, but, I got a "new" car.

Small, but affordable, and 6'1.5" me can fit in it just fine, it's nice. My old minivan is just too old and too unsafe to drive, but I got 10 years out of it.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #588 on: April 19, 2015, 11:55:42 PM »
Is that an Aveo? If so, I hope you have more luck than my dad did with his old one. :s
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 20, 2015, 12:43:22 AM »
Yes it is. 2009 chevy aveo. Though not sure if im lucky, I had to spend more than $600 on new struts so far, buying used cars is a bitch. I'm not a goddamn mechanic, but either way, wasn't any used cars that could compete with that one, and it's been going well so far.

It's so much nicer than...

This fuckin old silhouette ive been driving for the past 10 years. That damage on the side was from the LAST GODDAMN SNOW OF THE YEAR early march. Going down the decline of a bridge too fast, by too fast, I mean 10 under the speed limit, when i shoulda been going 25 under the speed limit. Lost control of the vehicle when I was trying to slow down. Not a fun time, but, I needed a new car since 2013 so at least this forced that into happening.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #590 on: April 20, 2015, 02:53:22 AM »
I'm thinking that if that Aveo is this old and it hasn't had any major problems you should be good to go. My dad had a 2009 Aveo5 LT (bought new) and it started showing some very major issues around 2012, like stalling when you started to let the clutch out (well before the clutch would have actually engaged). None of the Chevy dealerships seemed to be able to fix it. No bueno.

Not sure how the automatics are, but the manual transmissions are very strange beasts. On my dad's car, no matter how good you were you couldn't get a smooth shift from 1st to 2nd unless you shifted at around 3000 rpm. It's funny, but after being used to driving that car I felt like a pro the next time I drove stick.

It seems kind of strange that the struts went so quickly on it, though. My old 1995 Saturn SC2 had its original struts until around 2008. Then again, it was always a fairly low-mileage vehicle (I got it in 2002 with around 54,000 miles on the odometer) so that could very well be why.

Sorry to hear about the ol' van. It looks like it was in pretty good shape before that happened, too. :(

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #591 on: May 19, 2015, 01:12:45 AM »
Well, this brings me back: http://bugmenot.com/view/arch0wl.com

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 20, 2015, 07:55:31 PM »
Arch0wl feels like a distant memory at this time. Didn't the site die like 10 years ago to like this month?

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
« Reply #593 on: May 21, 2015, 10:23:46 AM »
I wonder what it would be like if it came back online just as it was.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #594 on: May 23, 2015, 08:38:47 PM »
Arch0wl feels like a distant memory at this time. Didn't the site die like 10 years ago to like this month?

I want to say that it shut down in 2006, but I can't remember for sure.

I wonder what it would be like if it came back online just as it was.

You'd probably get something like ODI (is that site still alive? I can't seem to find it). Frankly, I couldn't tolerate that place.

Speaking of trips down memory lane, I seem to vaguely recall a certain someone walking up to me at the Southern Park Mall way back when and saying, "hey, aren't you Spectere from arch0wl.com?" That was awesomely spontaneous. :P

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 27, 2015, 11:04:39 AM »
Speaking of trips down memory lane, I seem to vaguely recall a certain someone walking up to me at the Southern Park Mall way back when and saying, "hey, aren't you Spectere from arch0wl.com?" That was awesomely spontaneous. :P

Lol yeah those were the days man. I couldn't believe you lived so damn close to me. I recall you and someone named Jared being the top 2 DDR/ITG players in our area. I played a LOT and just couldn't get to that level without massive bar raping.

Southern Park, Camelot Lanes, Eastwood, Beaver Mall....damn I miss those days.

I actually started playing stepmania again. I wish I had all the SIM files I used to have. Like the Arch0wl packs and what not (specifically Beserk Lurks competition winning track). I miss Lawn Wake IV also. That was one of my favorite files.

I have all the Anime and DDR packs so I do have a lot, just not the custom list of files I had back in the day.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #596 on: May 28, 2015, 12:34:32 PM »
I've been playing SM a bit more lately, too. Strange, there must be something in the air. :P

I'm not home right now (chilling with my buddy in Maryland) but if I remember I'll try to throw those packs (including the unfinished, uncut CKBMP3) up on the site, as well as whatever else I can find.

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 29, 2015, 10:25:19 AM »
I've been playing SM a bit more lately, too. Strange, there must be something in the air. :P

I'm not home right now (chilling with my buddy in Maryland) but if I remember I'll try to throw those packs (including the unfinished, uncut CKBMP3) up on the site, as well as whatever else I can find.

Yeah that is weird. A time for nostalgia apparently. That would be awesome btw. You still have your old collection?

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #598 on: May 30, 2015, 11:41:19 PM »
I have quite a bit of it, yes. Losing data once or twice has made me very, very paranoid. :)  The main problem is that it's scattered all over the damn place, but I do have most of the huge stuff (KBMP, KBMP 1.5, CKBMP 1, 2 & 3, etc).

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 12, 2015, 12:18:30 AM »
Been a long damn time, but I got me a partner. It's a weird feeling, honestly has been a super long time. Sex is like, way less important than society tells me it is. Why do they do this? Now laying on the couch together and just talking about whatever bullshit, for some reason, that's just the best part for me.

But idk, I'm an old fucker who's been away from this stuff for too long. New experience to me anyway.