The Chatterbox > Random Chat

Weight Loss

<< < (2/6) > >>

Zephlar:
I've gained roughly 70lbs over the last 5 years. Wife and my lifestyle is pretty much shit.

Was always a fat kid/guy nearing 300lbs by the time I was 15. I lost 100lbs my junior year (right about when I met you Ian. DDR played a factor in that). Was a bit of a back and forth but mostly stable over the years until I ruptured 2 discs in my back. Happened almost 4 years ago during a workout. Pretty sure my profile photo here is last time I was consistently working out and eating good. Been pretty much down hill ever since. Was scared to workout for a long time afterwards and now I'm just so out of shape it's intimidating. With no female to impress as my tried and true motivating factor in the past, I've damn near accepted this as me but I know I'm not really happy with myself.

Obviously with my prior weight loss I know what to do and how to do it, I have just been so "comfortable" in my ez pz cavalier do whatever I want eat whatever I want when I want lifestyle, I'm on a crash course in the future.

Also MFP used to be my shit when I was actually keeping track of macros and what not. I'll add you I should just be Zephlar on there.

Need a boot in my ass fellas.

Spectere:
I ended up getting a boot to the ass when I realized how quickly I was getting tired when I was putting my current desk together, on top of general lower back pain. It also helps that my mental state has improved quite a bit since the beginning of the year (things were shitty before the pandemic, then only got worse) so I've been able to mentally steer myself away from comfort food. Having some minor issues crop up due to a high sodium diet has also been a very serious reminder that I'm not as young as I used to be.

Having a fairly open, stable environment for VR should help. Before if I wanted to play Beat Saber, Pistol Whip, or anything else of that nature I'd have to rearrange my room. Now I just have to boot into Windows, shove my chair aside, strap the headset on, and go.

And yeah, definitely add me on MFP when you get that set up again!

--- Quote from: Zephlar on July 14, 2020, 04:03:41 PM ---I lost 100lbs my junior year (right about when I met you Ian. DDR played a factor in that)

--- End quote ---

I honestly didn't realize you were younger than me, haha. I was just starting college around then, and DDR took me from 250lbs to 195 just after I left high school (and I weighed in at 282 last week…ugh). That still stands as the only time someone recognized me IRL from a picture I posted on a forum, y'know. :P

I wish we would have hung out more while you were still up here. I was pretty bad at keeping in touch with people around then (that "oh, I don't want to bother them" mentality, coupled with self-esteem issues) and wish I would have been able to overcome that sooner.

Zephlar:

--- Quote from: Spectere on July 15, 2020, 10:43:59 AM ---I honestly didn't realize you were younger than me, haha. I was just starting college around then, and DDR took me from 250lbs to 195 just after I left high school (and I weighed in at 282 last week…ugh). That still stands as the only time someone recognized me IRL from a picture I posted on a forum, y'know. :P
--- End quote ---

I'm pretty sure I was 19 when we met my senior year or right after graduation. I repeated a grade and have a November bday so I was already older than most of the class before I got held back graduated 2005 at 19. Yeah that was pretty crazy you and Jared were almost like DDR celebrities to me lol I aspired to be that skillful. I had to bar rape everything. Every time I'd go to Southern Park Mall or Camelot I'd hope to run into one of you guys.

--- Quote from: Spectere on July 15, 2020, 10:43:59 AM ---I wish we would have hung out more while you were still up here. I was pretty bad at keeping in touch with people around then (that "oh, I don't want to bother them" mentality, coupled with self-esteem issues) and wish I would have been able to overcome that sooner.

--- End quote ---

That was a really weird time for me too honestly, though I'm sure we would have had some good times. I at least still had a decent D&D group at that time. However I was also just starting to get into partying having sex experimenting with drugs etc around 19-20. Having lost all that weight and feeling confident in myself about it I was actually really getting serious with girls for the first time in my life. Had a 5 years spree of really dumb decisions and finding out who I was as a person. Had some bad friends that were terrible influences I used to hold in high regard just by being a bit naive. I probably wouldn't have been the greatest friend anyway.

Just know if you're ever in Atlanta you got a place to stay. My 330 trips are far and few between anymore but I definitely wanna at least hang out for a bit next time I get up there. I do remember meeting your parents they were super cool folks.

Spectere:

--- Quote from: Zephlar on July 15, 2020, 11:15:17 AM ---I'm pretty sure I was 19 when we met my senior year or right after graduation. I repeated a grade and have a November bday so I was already older than most of the class before I got held back graduated 2005 at 19. Yeah that was pretty crazy you and Jared were almost like DDR celebrities to me lol I aspired to be that skillful. I had to bar rape everything. Every time I'd go to Southern Park Mall or Camelot I'd hope to run into one of you guys.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I also have a November birthday (the 15th) so I know the feeling. I was older than most of my class and friends.

--- Quote from: Zephlar on July 15, 2020, 11:15:17 AM ---That was a really weird time for me too honestly, though I'm sure we would have had some good times. I at least still had a decent D&D group at that time. However I was also just starting to get into partying having sex experimenting with drugs etc around 19-20. Having lost all that weight and feeling confident in myself about it I was actually really getting serious with girls for the first time in my life. Had a 5 years spree of really dumb decisions and finding out who I was as a person. Had some bad friends that were terrible influences I used to hold in high regard just by being a bit naive. I probably wouldn't have been the greatest friend anyway.

--- End quote ---

It's hard to say, and for what it's worth you were fun to be around. I remember your excitement for Oblivion's launch being nothing short of infectious. :) I also seem to remember driving through New Springfield with you on the way to the BVM and having a cop illegally pass us (after tailgating us for a bit) in that stupid 25mph speed trap. Not sure why that moment in particular is sticking with me, lol.

I think in a lot of ways we were all shitty to some degree throughout our late teens and most of our 20s. I'm glad you ended up leaving all of that behind you, though. I've seen what that sort of spiral can do to people and it ain't pretty.

--- Quote from: Zephlar on July 15, 2020, 11:15:17 AM ---Just know if you're ever in Atlanta you got a place to stay. My 330 trips are far and few between anymore but I definitely wanna at least hang out for a bit next time I get up there. I do remember meeting your parents they were super cool folks.

--- End quote ---

For sure! Hell, by that point I might even have my own place. Plans ended up getting pushed back a bit due to the pandemic, but I'm kinda hoping to be out of my folk's house in 2021. I could use the extra space, that's for sure.

And yeah, I would really like to start traveling more often. If I'm ever down in the dirty south I'll definitely hit you up.

vladgd:
I went down the deep end...no saving me now.

"cough"

Ignore the pricetag...I got a discount at the shop I went to, but $200 off a lot is still a lot...ouch.

Probably the single most comfortable bike I have ever experienced in my life (not saying much I haven't ridden in well over a decade), and it's light enough where I can hold the bike out with one arm with minimal effort. TIME TO ACT LIKE A NORMIE AND GET OUTSIDE! Good think I now drive an SUV (ford edge) so that fucker actually fits in my ride.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version