Author Topic: The Official S.net "The Lame Replies Thread" Thread  (Read 550283 times)

Milk Chan

• View Profile
Re: The Official S.net "The Lame Replies Thread" Thread
« Reply #1020 on: October 21, 2007, 02:05:59 PM »
Sierra Vista High School.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: October 21, 2007, 04:33:13 PM »
IANAS (I Am Not A Smoker) but as far as I know cigars have much fewer additives in them than cigarettes do.  They definitely don't have the same uber-addictive properties that cigarettes do.  My mom has been a cigarette smoker for most of her life and she gets physically ill if she doesn't have a cigarette.  My dad, however, is an occasional (read: few times a month, tops) cigar smoker and he has absolutely no problems.

That and if you smoked close to the same amount of of cigars that some people to do cigarettes you're jaw would rot off. Also I think their less addictive because you don't really inhale cigars.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1022 on: October 21, 2007, 05:40:31 PM »
That is true to some extent. Also, part of the reason that cigars are less "potent" than cigarettes is because they are not dried the same way. The drying process that the tobacco goes through for cigarettes causes them to essentially have more nicotine than a cigar's tobacco. Nicotine is EXTREMELY addictive and also EXTREMELY poisonous. It can kill you in concentrations as low as 0.5 - 1.0 mg/kg. Another factor that people rarely ever her about is the fact that tobacco in any form contains well known carcinogenic radioactive particles. I don't feel like summarizing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_effects_of_tobacco_smoking#Radioactive_components_of_tobacco

Now while this is true, I still smoke cigars on occasion because as Zak said, you only live once, so why not experiment once in a while? That's why I smoke pot once in a while (It's been 9 months since last time though.) I'm also looking at possibly trying shrooms or other hallucinogenic drugs.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: October 21, 2007, 09:18:00 PM »
Bored at work. People talk! Anyone here have that TWC Roadrunner internet? Cause thats the tech place I work at lol.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: October 21, 2007, 09:32:47 PM »
So I ran across the Wikipedia article on Histrionic Personality Disorder.

Turns out that one of my friends (who's gradually getting on everyone's last nerve but completely oblivious to it) most likely has it. I read the entire article, and it didn't just vaguely describe her, because then I would just shrug it off. It described her very accurately.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

cristian989

• View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: October 21, 2007, 10:08:27 PM »
So I ran across the Wikipedia article on Histrionic Personality Disorder.

Turns out that one of my friends (who's gradually getting on everyone's last nerve but completely oblivious to it) most likely has it. I read the entire article, and it didn't just vaguely describe her, because then I would just shrug it off. It described her very accurately.

You should read more personality disorders, I'm sure alot more than just one would probably fit her.

P.S. Personality disorders are the hardest to diagnose and the least likely to be treatable. I would base my whole judgment on one wikipedia article.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #1026 on: October 21, 2007, 10:12:17 PM »
I don't understand why personality disorders are called 'disorders'. It honestly seems to me like they're just strange aspects of people's personalities.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

cristian989

• View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: October 21, 2007, 10:26:52 PM »
I don't understand why personality disorders are called 'disorders'. It honestly seems to me like they're just strange aspects of people's personalities.

I completely agree, it's just another way that man has medicalized human behavaior (look up medicalization).

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #1028 on: October 21, 2007, 11:17:31 PM »
Hey I'm back. Sorry I keep disappearing for long periods of time. I've been up and down with moods and have really not been spending much time on my computer. Seriously, the time spent on it has decreased by about 900%. The only thing I do now is check my email and various other tasks whenever they're needed. I've opened Photoshop once in the past month to spend thirty minutes making something for my dad. But I've been feeling a lot better these past couple of weeks.

Anything new and super exciting been happening here?
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1029 on: October 21, 2007, 11:33:38 PM »
It's a way of classifying in order to better understand. When you run a statistical analysis of a completely uncategorized group, you get very random results on anything, but if you can categorize those things, you can learn more about both the category, and can use data collected over numerous subjects all exhibiting that specific category.

Though it is not very successful, it is possible to change a person's personality, as long as they are willing to help themselves, as in my cases, these personality "categories" are dangerous to the people who exhibit them, or to people around them. The meaning of the word "disorder" is that things do not function as they should be expected to in a normal human being. If someone's personality is different than a statistical "normal", then they potentially have some sort of disorder.

I understand where your comments are coming from, but being able to categorize, and therefore statistically analyze a person's personality, you can gain a better understanding of how they can to have that type of behavior, and possibly, how they can correct it, as many of these "disorders" are known because they are destructive behavior.

Obviously, someone with HPD has a number of acts that tend to undermine their ability to have stable relationships, which generally leads to a greater likelihood of developing depression. If you see the point of life as being happy, then many of these actions directly or indirectly undermine the exact purpose of life as well.

I see things like these as almost being "programmed" in the sense that they do not fulfill the normal expectations or goals that would be expected in a person. Instead they are a reaction to some sort of stimulus or are "programmed" through genetics, and either way, aren't a rational response.

They tend to view things in a twisted way, which undermines their ability to deal with life in a rational and proper manner. In this sense, it is something that should be corrected, if possible, to increase the person's life, and those around them as well, because HPD affects more so, the people with close relationships who may care more than a regular friendship would cause them to.

Hey I'm back. Sorry I keep disappearing for long periods of time. I've been up and down with moods and have really not been spending much time on my computer. Seriously, the time spent on it has decreased by about 900%. The only thing I do now is check my email and various other tasks whenever they're needed. I've opened Photoshop once in the past month to spend thirty minutes making something for my dad. But I've been feeling a lot better these past couple of weeks.

Anything new and super exciting been happening here?

Not much, the usual. (Highschool drama and such.)

Hope you're feeling better (though I assume that's the case, since you're here, and you tend to withdraw when you're not in a good mood.) In any case, welcome back, I was beginning to wonder where the hell you went.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #1030 on: October 22, 2007, 12:18:17 AM »
I'm back in May-rillind now.  wewt

Spec, 400k? holy shit. d00d, your xboxstat.exe runs on 5.69 times more allocated memory than that, and it's only 2,276K. (compare to my firefox at 154,236K, Azureus at 83,444K or pidgin at 75,700K.) Shit, it's a little under 8x the system idle process. and that's like, extra fantasimo small.

I love wget.

Oh yes. :)  Not to mention the whole thing where it doesn't hammer the CPU while downloading.  DownThemAll for Firefox makes the system have an aneurysm when you finish downloading a large file.  wget just saves as it goes.

I'm a server admin for the network that the s.net irc channel is on, now. thetree.phazenet.com IS GOOOOOOOOOO.

Grats! :D

Hey I'm back.

Hiya! ;D

Edit: For some inexplicable reason I've REALLY REALLY been in the mood to listen to Fear Factory and Static-X lately. O.o  Gwahahaha!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 01:30:20 AM by Spectere »
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1031 on: October 22, 2007, 03:18:56 AM »
I may need to get myself wget, lol. 400k? That's just plain ridiculous.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #1032 on: October 22, 2007, 02:13:53 PM »
i got a haircut. omgwtf itzamazing. pics will be in camwhore thread soon. roflcopters, etc.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1033 on: October 22, 2007, 02:56:51 PM »
http://www.jeffandvik.com/dicomp/Fugue%20-%20Anthem%20of%20the%20Undead.mp3
Download it. NOW!

This is part of the DI.FM Halloween mix competition, and there are no words to describe this mix.

Tracklist:
Fugue - Anthem of the Undead

Intro: Bach - Toccata & Fugue in D Minor / Phantom Of The Opera theme
Dink - Angels
Lords Of Acid - Out Comes The Evil
Tchaikovsky - Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy
Venetian Snares - Szam

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile