Author Topic: Weeaboo, the thread.  (Read 131572 times)

Eggman

• View Profile
Re: Weeaboo, the thread.
« Reply #270 on: September 04, 2009, 11:01:50 PM »
There will actually be two movies to help fully explain everything and actually, you know, finish the show.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 04, 2009, 11:04:48 PM »
That's good, because they left a lot of loose ends.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #272 on: September 05, 2009, 05:09:13 AM »
I wanted to download けいおん! blu-ray rips, but man, they big (probably ~8.5 GB for the whole season), and I have about 5 GB of disk space free.

I try turning the subtitles off on some animus, and can sometimes understand stuff, as long as the conversation is nice and simple.  I find it much easier to comprehend 日本語 when I'm playing a video game, except it's pretty annoying when I have to look up a 感じ by hand (I only play console games, because I'm hardcore).

Man, Even the 日本人 call it K-On! The name is a pun. Also, maybe I'll download those, just because 1TB is a lot of space, and I plan on dedicating VERY much of that to anime.

And yes, 感じ means feeling, You meant 漢字. There's a reason I like JWPce. I can use the dictionary to make sure that I'm using the right 漢字 for what I want to say, without needing to do any extra (like finding a 日本語ー英語 online dictionary, or looking it up in a paper one). All I do is type the 仮名 into JWPce, highlight them, hit ctrl+d and look for the right entry. It only becomes a problem when you search for certain things, specifically English words. Like trying to look up Death, or Die. With no names, Die comes up with 148 results.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 05, 2009, 03:58:59 PM »
Wait, what's the pun?

Also, I did mean to type 漢字, but Windows IME made it 感じ and I didn't read it over.

Right now, I'm downloading Pani Poni Dash, Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan, and Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha (original, A's, and StrikerS).  I want to get Grandia and Azel: Panzer Dragoon RPG for the Saturn in the near future, too.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #274 on: September 05, 2009, 06:11:30 PM »
Well, the pun is that the name is in fact K-On! (with those specific letters), but it is pronounced the same as 軽音楽, alluding to the fact that they are all members of the 軽音楽部. The name isn't けいおん or 軽音楽.

It's just minor wordplay, but the point is that the name alludes to something else, despite not actually meaning anything by itself.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 06, 2009, 02:58:30 PM »
I just read The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. Now I understand why everyone wants to see it animated.

EDIT: Just watched the first season of Genshiken and the OVA, and now I'm about halfway through the second season. This show's awesome.

EDIT2: Finished the second season. Overall, Genshiken is pretty damn awesome. I definitely recommend it.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 02:45:06 PM by annon »

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #276 on: September 14, 2009, 06:38:27 PM »
Second Anime Club meeting today.  We watched an episode of Fushigi Yuugi, Bokurano, and Monster, and the promo for Mai HiME.  I planned on showing a few episodes of Axis Powers Hetalia but they froze VLC on my laptop, and one of Outlaw Star, but I forgot my external DVD drive.  Everybody kept talking loudly during the shows and they were making fun of Bokurano, a show I happen to really like.  It's full of unpleasable shits.  If they act like this next week, I'm quitting 4 life.  I spent five minutes after I got everybody to leave systematically going around the school and tearing every anime club flyer I saw off of the walls. >:[

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 14, 2009, 06:47:04 PM »
My uni's anime club is like that. I went last thursday and determined that I don't fit in with normal weeaboos.

That said, last weekend was Nan Desu Kan, Colorado's largest anime convention. I went with a group of 7 other people, only one of which I knew pretty well. I had a lot of fun with them, and I'm going again next year.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #278 on: September 14, 2009, 07:10:13 PM »
Second Anime Club meeting today.  We watched an episode of Fushigi Yuugi, Bokurano, and Monster, and the promo for Mai HiME.  I planned on showing a few episodes of Axis Powers Hetalia but they froze VLC on my laptop, and one of Outlaw Star, but I forgot my external DVD drive.  Everybody kept talking loudly during the shows and they were making fun of Bokurano, a show I happen to really like.  It's full of unpleasable shits.  If they act like this next week, I'm quitting 4 life.  I spent five minutes after I got everybody to leave systematically going around the school and tearing every anime club flyer I saw off of the walls. >:[

Wow, that is fucking horrible.

I've joined the "Georgian Geek Squad" and a number of the people I met when I joined seem to watch anime, and have at least somewhat similar interests, so maybe I'll be able to watch anime with people who care about stuff other than bleach and naruto.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 16, 2009, 02:39:41 PM »
So I'm rather enjoying Serial Experiments Lain, but I'm hoping it explains itself a little bit better in the latter episodes (it's doing a good job now, but there's still a lot of unanswered questions) so I'll probably finish that before going back to Dennou Coil or Canaan.

Also up at my friends college we had a really weeaboo discussion on one of the slower nights and I basically told all my friends to watch Ghost in the Shell and Black Lagoon. They seemed to only really be into the more mainstream stuff.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 16, 2009, 07:09:20 PM »
Lain only gets weirder and more confusing. I've watched it 3 times and I still don't really understand it. Also, it seems like every time I watch it, it's always even weirder than I remember it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 12:00:55 AM by annon »

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #281 on: September 16, 2009, 09:07:42 PM »
Haha, so true. The fact that it seemed to be going nowhere fast, and yet was becoming more and more enigmatic at the same time (usually pretty fucking hard to manage) just pulled me in and made me want to watch more in hopes that there would be some point of revelation later on.... Then I learned there wasn't one, and I left the series more confused than I was after the first episode (which by itself is pretty fucking weird).

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 17, 2009, 12:01:20 AM »
Mai Hime was one of the first anime series I watched all the way through. At the time, I enjoyed it. I tried watching it again yesterday, and I couldn't even make it through the first episode because of how unlikeable the characters were (Eggman from a few pages back, you were right). I shouldn't trust my taste in anime from 3 years ago. I decided I should try rewatching some other series I enjoyed at the time, which right now only include Ouran High School Host Club, Rozen Maiden, Mai Otome, Witch Hunter Robin, and Azumanga Daioh. I'm not going to bother with Mai Otome because I doubt the characters will be any better than in Mai Hime.

Wall of text later, I'm rewatching Ouran High School Host Club. I didn't expect to like it since lately I've tried several different shoujo series and didn't really like any of them (which is pretty flawed logic, since shoujo is more a demographic than a genre), but Ouran is pretty damn good.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 17, 2009, 04:20:14 AM »
Lain only gets weirder and more confusing. I've watched it 3 times and I still don't really understand it. Also, it seems like every time I watch it, it's always even weirder than I remember it.

Really? Meh, that's never fun. Maybe I'll go back to Canaan but that was even more confusing and just plain hard to understand (random taxi drivers just jumping off of buildings for the fuck of it).

Oh yeah, and I've heard rumors of Black Lagoon and Berserk getting new seasons, can anyone confirm anything?

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 24, 2009, 06:21:34 PM »
Dunno about Berserk, but I saw on Wikipedia that Black Lagoon is getting an OVA in 2010.

Started watching Canaan. It's pretty damn awesome.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)