Author Topic: games you look forward to in 2008 and beyond  (Read 112993 times)

Nekros

• View Profile
Re: games you look forward to in 2008 and beyond
« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2009, 12:20:54 PM »
2 games that I'm waiting for :

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 (April 21) - Good for those times when you just wanna kill mass amounts of mech, also takes all the emotional, political and other non-fighting stuff out of the various gundam stories leaving mechs destroying other mechs

Ghostbuster (June 16) - A continuation of the storyline followed in the original movies, with the original actors lending their voices. Don't know how it's gonna turn out, but it looks good

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2009, 05:48:19 PM »
I'm looking forward to FFXIII (Jap release) and that oragami game for the PS3, and Punch-Out!!! for the Wii.  I probably won't be getting a PS3 until it dies out because there are only a few good exclusives, though.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2009, 09:00:30 PM »
Why the jap version?

Also looks like there are a lot of good sandbox games coming out, but this one definitely peaked my interest.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-red-faction-guerrilla/17-447/

I was a bit skeptical when they said it was a sandbox game like the first two, but there just isn't enough games that use geomod.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2009, 10:58:36 PM »
I was in the beta for RF: Guerrilla and absolutely hated it. It was all multiplayer but it was completely broken. People would grab the weapon that could fire through walls and then get themselves stuck inside a wall of junk and just fire away and win. Or they'd grab the only sniper weapon and then fly up to the top of a cliff and you couldn't do anything about it.

If it's really changed a ton, it might be fun single player, but I'd never play it multiplayer at all.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2009, 01:09:18 AM »
If it's really changed a ton, it might be fun single player, but I'd never play it multiplayer at all.

Yeah, they were talking about the multiplayer, but that does sound completely fucked. I wasn't expecting this game to have any depth in the multiplayer but I'll wait to see if it's still not completely broken.

vladgd

« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2009, 04:30:05 AM »
bionic commando
dragon age
mass effect 2

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2009, 03:28:51 PM »
Why the jap version?

USA version doesn't come out until 2010. 

But now that I think about it, I'd be better off waiting for that because it's much more likely I'd get a 360 instead of a PS3.........

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 05:06:43 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2009, 05:14:37 PM »
Just read the wikipedia article. I'm definitely looking forward to this. That randomization may means that there may finally be a successor to Diablo2's random item generation that satisfies me.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2009, 11:12:17 AM »
ASSASSIN'S CREED II

/thread.

I will jizz all over the place when this gets out. mmmm
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

vladgd

« Reply #130 on: May 03, 2009, 05:26:51 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Ultimate_Alliance_2:_Fusion

if it's at minimum, the same thing as the first game, im stoked to play it.

get 3 bros to play with and this shit is a blast.  though, i hope dr doom is a playable character (even dlc...whatever), he was my boy in the first game.

never really got into comics and whatnot, but as of recently (past month) ive been kind of getting interested.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #131 on: May 03, 2009, 06:17:48 AM »
Yeah, Ultimate Alliance kicked ass, and I'm hoping that Fusion kicks just as much, or more ass.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 03, 2009, 05:46:09 PM »
I was always sad because I got the Wii version of Ultimate Alliance for Christmas, which was awesome, except then no one would play it with me. But then everyone ended up with the 360 version and they played it online. Boooo.

Things should change with UA2 though as I can get the correct version this time.

Also, oh my god BlazBlue.

&NR=1

Almost constant barrages of attacks. That is DEFINITELY my kind of fighting game. Litchi is probably going to be my main. Or maybe Jin? Or anyone? Because all of them are awesome. Even the big giant guy can do cool combos.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 03, 2009, 07:15:07 PM »
No offense, but have you ever played GG? Really, it's definitely one of the more offensively geared fighting games.

I do like the idea of everyone in having some sort of special attack outside of their standard attacks (as in Jin being able to freeze opponents and that girl with the pole being able to toss it and use it separate of her). The only bad things are the horribly generic character design and the game balance looks a little off, Iron Tager just screams "PLEASE COMBO MY BIG DUMB FACE".

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 03, 2009, 07:42:18 PM »
Trust me, I've played PLENTY of Guilty Gear, but upper level matches aren't THAT offensive. Most characters have some odd corner trap and otherwise a couple of setups. In fact, that video you just showed kind of proves my point. They just keep going for the same setups. BlazBlue is somewhat the same there, but it looks like everyone has many many many more options.

Honestly, I've played too much Guilty Gear. It's somewhat like KoF in that, I've played each version as it's come out and aside from damage changes, characters get maybe one new move or one slightly changed motion. It isn't enough to keep my interest anymore. Accent Core might be good, but I really just don't care about those characters at this point.

From what people tell me on BlazBlue, pretty much everyone is good at higher levels. The smaller cast allows for much better balance. Tager's the only one that I haven't seen too many videos of but even then, the few I have seen have him matching up just fine.

I don't see the designs as generic at all though. I just see an artist sticking to his style, which works really well because they're all awesome.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 07:47:56 PM by Eggman »